11175 KHz USB US Air Force GHFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Thanks T-so if I hear the echoing, and the phone-type numbertones that's pretty much relayed..but if I hear Andrews key up and no echoes-no tones-just the linear chatters-and no EAM that's most likely from Maryland or Nebraska depending on the target's location. Good to know. I get Offut here too and Andrews comes through stronger most of the time than them which may be telling too.

pathalogical

Haha, just call and say "Hey, I just heard this on 11175 KHz and wondering what the h*ll it means".

Chinese take-out ! Don't they use numbers to describe all their menu items ? Call 'em up, "...I'll have the number 11 with a side of 175, sweet & sour Alpha November Echo..........standby....." give them something they can't figure out !!! LOL

SCPD

QRT
11175 was busy today with lots of calls and ph patches. Here are a few of the notes I logged.

1. Eye Goggle calling Puerto Rico requesting data to be sent. Data sent on 11220kHz.
2. Shadow 91 calling mainsail and then a phone patch is established.
3. Rouge 02 calling any radio. Two calls made.
4. Reach 463 calling MainSail
5. Reach 111 Radio Check

Token

Thanks T-so if I hear the echoing, and the phone-type numbertones that's pretty much relayed..but if I hear Andrews key up and no echoes-no tones-just the linear chatters-and no EAM that's most likely from Maryland or Nebraska depending on the target's location. Good to know. I get Offut here too and Andrews comes through stronger most of the time than them which may be telling too.

The echo is caused by multiple transmitters online sending the same messages, not quite in sync. As I understand it Andrews has the ability to select any one transmitter (or any and all) in the system if they so desire, and if they did there would be no echo. If they select more than one TX and you have conditions to more than one then you will possibly hear the echo.

Every time I have heard a transmission using the call "Andrews" but seeming to be from a different transmitter it has been preceded by the control tones. I once heard a transmission that was IDing as Andrews with control tones at the beginning and when Andrews unkeyed Offut audio came up in mid word on the same transmitter (in other words Offut had not been under the Andrews TX and the Offut signal levels and audio faults matched the Andrews levels). My assumption is that Andrews had control of the TX and when they dropped it the Offut ops were, and probably had been, trying to use it.

T!

ridgescan

Yup I have heard Andrews and Offut doubling up with EAMs too-I have also heard Andrews and Offut stepping on an aircraft trying to call them, with an EAM. Hence this thread.

CalebATC

REAPER calling MAINSAIL

Aircraft wanted ANDREWS to phone patch to REVETMENT on DSN 271-7190. Advised may not need phone patch.

Aircraft just called back saying not needing phone patch, and have a safe trip Andrews it "out!"

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon

Database Admin
I believe that DSN # is Offutt AFB RF Orderwire Coordination. It certainly rings a bell.

CalebATC

Hmm.. very wierd.

Just had EAM from Andrews, VERY STRONG!! About 3 minutes after, another. 11175 KHz and 13200 KHz and 15016 KHz ... sounds like airborne platform too. Just said "PAWN? Out"

CalebATC

And another....3 minutes later again. From Andrews, same person who gave last Andrews one.

This isn't normal is it? Kinda creeping me out now..... I'm just waiting to hear SKYKING.

EDIT- And another aircraft calling mainsail for radio check, reporting weak and garbled. At 1056 zulu.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Strange stuff going on 11175. Today I heard Andrews calling...Horn Fog,Horn Fog message follows....and then a very long EAM message was sent lasting like five minutes.

Anybody know what horn fog is???

CalebATC

Strange stuff going on 11175. Today I heard Andrews calling...Horn Fog,Horn Fog message follows....and then a very long EAM message was sent lasting like five minutes.

Anybody know what horn fog is???

Ok, so I guess my PAWN was FOG? Hmm... I guess that could be it.

jack103

Premium Subscriber
Anyone ballsy enough to dial 312-xxx-xxxx
This topic strikes me as childish but that just my opinion ! _________________

ridgescan

I would take down the #-no offense. It's OK to monitor them and post here-but IMO putting out their # to the world is going too far. Leave them alone to do their work:)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The phone number has been dropped. In the future - this goes for everyone - don't even pub the area code. Thanks for your cooperation.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.