125 mile Spreadsheet UPDATE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Morning Guys!

Some of you have expressed a "desire" to have the data I collect on my 125 mile spreadsheet, centered in S'port. I don't have a problem with that and will be glad to, when completed, send out via e-mail, the "LIST".

I've recently learned that the AR stations now use ARWIN, an 800 mhz trunked system, State-wide, but used exclusively in SW AR. I'll continue to research those counties within the area. For those of you who might be able to hear MS stations, I'll try to include those as well, but most of the stations will be LA/TX.

Now, as for the format: Freq; Designator (FD/PD/SO/EMS/Local/Parish/County/State); Callsign; Agency; Qth (transmitter site if known); ST; Class: (FB, FB2, FB2C, & m); Pwr: (input to antenna); County/Parish:.
I won't list pagers or the number of each unit.....2FB/300m, ok? Is there any OTHER information that would aid you in listening to these agencies?

I won't monitor ALL those frequencies ALL of the time. I'm not THAT "nosey", LOL! However, when the wx gets 'bad' and things start poppin', I will have the scanner going here at home. I have the R$ 2045, 2053, Pro-94 (needs work), Pro-58, and a Pro 26 (needs work). I also have my Icom 706MkII-G, Heathkit 2036, R$ HTX 10 & HTX-100 to listen to, also. ;-)

Maybe we should have a LA Scanner Group for everything from 30 khz to 3,000mhz. (DC to Light?). No dues, and pass info by e-mail or here on RR.

Well, it's gonna be ANOTHER hot one. In a bit, I'm going out and crank up the weed-whacker and edge the grass. I'm hoping for some "rain" (what's that?) this afternoon. It's sooooo dry here...(how dry is it?), it's so dry, the trees are chasing the dogs...Badda bump! GOD I miss Johnny Carson, LOL!

Keep yore powder "dry" and watchin' yorn top-knot,

Don/KA5LQJ

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe we should have a LA Scanner Group for everything from 30 khz to 3,000mhz. (DC to Light?). No dues, and pass info by e-mail or here on RR.

I know I'm tired, because I thought you said "no dudes" :lol:

davemcfarland

Freqs

I am also in LA and would love to share or copy lists of freqs. I am also a ham and dont use radio much but through this forum might be sparked to get back on them.

I have am icom 100 that can be setup to stream over the Inet if we get a good database however the list has not been built and I wonder if anyone would be interrested in working on it with me?

ka5lqj

I'm "IN", LOL!

Dave,

If you don't want to post your "answer" as to WHERE you are in LA, then e-mail me privately. I'm good in QRZ. and the e-mail address is current there. ;-)

I've finally gotten Open Office to download and "BASE" to install, but I'm unfamilair with just how to set up the fields and how to "input" the information. Back in the '80's I used a DOS program called "File Express" and it worked GREAT! Unfortunately, it won't print in Landscape mode and my "data" fields are too large to use "Portrait". :-(

What I'm LQ^QKing for is a program that will let me build certain fields, input the info, sort it with certain criteria, then print the criteria in that manner. That way, I could sort the information as to: Frequency, Designator(Police, Fire, Local Government, Public Service, Highway Maint., etc.), City, State, or in alphabetical order.

I have noticed on the F.C.C. database, when working with the Part 90 -Public Safety - Untrunked, that some of the licensee's don't list what "purpose" or "agency" it will be used as, just list "City of". That could be the Water Dept, Garbage Collection, Dog Catcher, Construction Permits (Plumber, Electrical, etc) or any other City dept. They also don't list one's that have been "abandoned". Supposidly, the Bossier SO has dropped all of it's lo-band and hi-band vhf frequencies and have gone to digital trunked and cell 'phones. "Normal" traffic is not on the APCO-25 digital mode. However, SOME of the City of S'port old hi-band vhf frequencies ARE being used by other city functions. I'm trying to determine WHO they are now. Soon as I find out, I'll post them.

We're having thunderstorms and the DSL is acting "squirrely". The squirrels love to chew into the trunk lines and when the lines get "wet", well, water and 'lectrictiy don't mix well. Comcast Cable is too s-l-o-w and expen$ive. If we could determine a good 'digi' band on ham, we all could psk-31 each other, LOL!

Well, I'm going to go watch the weather on TV and get on 28.490 mhz for awhile.

Blessings,

Don/KA5LQJ

davemcfarland

Hey Don,

I am sorry I took a bit to get back to you.

I am also good in qrz as KF4PJH.. I can support you with the sorting.. I can give more details in the near future but I can pull files and import as well. I have been able to take text and import large listings, then take them and separate with commas and it looks nice.. I have not been able to import into a software programmer for an HT yet but I am close..

I am mostly quiet with respect to radio but I am getting back into it.. again More on that later.

more later... 73's

125 mile spreadsheet

I know that i have written before, but just wanted to say that i live in Winnsboro, La. (NE LA). I travel to shreveport on a regular basis to the VA hospital. I would love to have a copy. (MARKBEC87@JUNO.COM) Thank You in Advance.

Mark Girod

Status
Not open for further replies.