1263.5250 non amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

The N.T.I.A has the use slot for 1263.5250 as Fed Space Operations & Radio Location. Yesterday my Pro 197 landed on 1263.5250 and I heard a unit call out his i.d. number "to headquarters". The transmission registered as P 25 with an NAC. The S bar was full. I paused the limit search, but nothing more. I don't have logging hooked up to my 197, so I missed the NAC.
Due to the P 25 indicator I am going with the assumption that this was not 23 C.M. amateur band. I am also familiar with the sound and look of an I.F. mirror problem, this didn't look like anything I have ever come across that high up. I would add I have never experienced an I.F. problem up there.
Since yesterday I have not been able to locate any information online regarding a Fed use of this band. Although the hit was short with little information, does this activity sound familiar to anyone? It was certainly interesting..........

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just a side note - P25 is used in the amateur service, but the lack of a callsign on the calling party says it's not a ham.

Mike

AlphaFive

P 25

Hmm, that's interesting ref the P 25, didn't know that, and I do appreciate it. And yes, if this wasn't a mirror, the person transmitting was not a Ham..Thanks

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
The N.T.I.A has the use slot for 1263.5250 as Fed Space Operations & Radio Location. Yesterday my Pro 197 landed on 1263.5250 and I heard a unit call out his i.d. number "to headquarters". The transmission registered as P 25 with an NAC. The S bar was full. I paused the limit search, but nothing more. I don't have logging hooked up to my 197, so I missed the NAC.
Due to the P 25 indicator I am going with the assumption that this was not 23 C.M. amateur band. I am also familiar with the sound and look of an I.F. mirror problem, this didn't look like anything I have ever come across that high up. I would add I have never experienced an I.F. problem up there.
Since yesterday I have not been able to locate any information online regarding a Fed use of this band. Although the hit was short with little information, does this activity sound familiar to anyone? It was certainly interesting..........

Fascinating. Not arguing, but where did you get the NTIA info?
W

AlphaFive

Good morning, it's the January 2016 Spectrum Allocation chart. NTIA.DOC.GOV, or just Google search NTIA January 2016 frequency spectrum chart, however you get there. I like it

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just a side note - P25 is used in the amateur service, but the lack of a callsign on the calling party says it's not a ham.

Mike

No, no ham would ever omit their callsign :) If I was operating on 1.2 Ghz [as a ham], the last thing i'd really concern myself with is IDing. Sure, somebody could be listening, but highly doubtful heh.

mike

AlphaFive

And........ based on the consensus, the OP declares that the hit was an I.F. issue, higama thigama jigama. Does not get logged as a valid use. Thank you for your help, take care

Status
Not open for further replies.