129.400 Medical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

Could be IL or MI of course, but I heard some Medical stuff on 129.400 this afternoon, not very loud. Just the basic blood pressure readings, 'doing okay right now' kind of thing. Any ideas? Also heard some transcontinental stuff on 129.400 from Vegas to CT, but non-medical in nature.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you like listening to med flights,this one is quite active.
OSF St. Francis in peoria,Ill. Medflight Dispatch 159.5100 mhz./88.5 pl.
n9zas

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I know this is a really old post but I got a hit on this frequency (129.4) the other day with a lot of activity since then. One sided conversation, sounds like a pilot talking to someone that might be medical staff about in-flight medical emergencies. Very loud and clear where I am in South Jersey through out the conversation like its from a repeater. Sometimes several times a day. Just wondered if anybody has figured out who they might be talking to.

nd5y

I know this is a really old post but I got a hit on this frequency (129.4) the other day with a lot of activity since then. One sided conversation, sounds like a pilot talking to someone that might be medical staff about in-flight medical emergencies. Very loud and clear where I am in South Jersey through out the conversation like its from a repeater. Sometimes several times a day. Just wondered if anybody has figured out who they might be talking to.
129.4 is one of the ARINC frequencies for the NE US.
The aircraft would be talking to ARINC dispatchers (New York or San Francisco) through one of their many remote sites.

ARINC often runs phone patches so the aircraft crew can talk to a medical avisory service. I don't know who the medical advisory service is.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
129.4 is one of the ARINC frequencies for the NE US.
The aircraft would be talking to ARINC dispatchers (New York or San Francisco) through one of their many remote sites.

ARINC often runs phone patches so the aircraft crew can talk to a medical avisory service. I don't know who the medical advisory service is.

Thanks Tom for the Information, I did hear the last pilot referring to San Francisco radio.

hightime

If you want to see a arinc coverage map, do a google search for: (Arinc Voice Service Rockwell Collins)
Let the page load and scroll down to Arinc 1 Map. Covers the whole US

mws72

Premium Subscriber
129.40 is the ARINC contact channel for basically an area covering north of line from Freeport IL to Baltimore MD. South of the line is 129.45 to a line along the Tennessee border to the east and west till the eastern border of the Texas panhandle. Northwest of Freeport IL 131.8 is used, the borders I mention are not exact so there made overlap. If you stay on channel you may hear either the call or touchtones to access Med-Link on channel as mentioned by Chris Parris above.

Status
Not open for further replies.