'13 Ford Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpse

Figured I'd share my vehicle install with you folks. I am still trying to find a mobile radio for it, but for now i have a uniden BCD396xt mounted. The rest is emergency equipment. I know it's different than what you're used to here, but hope u enjoy it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,582
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3,501
  • 2.5.jpg
    2.5.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,476
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,916
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3,483

jcpse

continued

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3,559
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,484
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3,778
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3,605
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4,205

jcpse

more

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3,395
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,500
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 3,416
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 3,413
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3,536

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
It looked fine til you put flexguard over every wire. Wayyy overkilll. I work in an upfitter shop and we do simular work with the board and terminal blocks. We dont use that much . Coming off the board and over any sharp edges and under hood is where we use it to protect the wires. It made a nice professional install into a hack job with the excess

jcpse

It looked fine til you put flexguard over every wire. Wayyy overkilll. I work in an upfitter shop and we do simular work with the board and terminal blocks. We dont use that much . Coming off the board and over any sharp edges and under hood is where we use it to protect the wires. It made a nice professional install into a hack job with the excess

Wires, no matter where they are, should be protected. This is not my first install my friend.

A lot of install shops will not use it on the electronics boards but it because it's just an extra material to pay for. This is my POV.

Last edited:

PhillyPhoto

Wires, no matter where they are, should be protected. This is not my first install my friend.

A lot of install shops will not use it on the electronics boards but it because it's just an extra material to pay for. This is my POV.
"Our Taurus, who art in New England. Loomed be thy wire..."

Nice fabrication work. Although I do tend to agree that it's a bit much on loom. Maybe you probably could have cut the wires a little shorter so there's less exposed, but to each their own...

fdscan

Made my day...

Nice install, great looking car. The Vertex in the side grille is interesting. I noticed that the CT State PD do that as well. Did you do all the light work yourself? Looks like you know what you're doing.

jcpse

Made my day...

Nice install, great looking car. The Vertex in the side grille is interesting. I noticed that the CT State PD do that as well. Did you do all the light work yourself? Looks like you know what you're doing.

Thanks PhillyPhoto. I tended to leave wires a little bit longer so that theres that much more on the original harness if I go to sell either the CenCom or the Unitrol Siren Amp. I can take the wire loom off in about 20 seconds if I want, it's just there for now.

And Thank you. The kick-panel LED hideaways serves as side and intersection protection in the lowest-profile way possible (as this is my Personal Vehicle.)

The work was done by myself. I own a business that sells and installs this equipment as a hobby. I am a one man show and have been installing for about 4 years now.

Also, since I never posted equipment:

FRONT
-2 Feniex Cobra T6s in the grill. RED/WHITE
-1 SoundOff Signal Pinnacle interior lightbar (all RED w/ Takedowns)

SIDES / INTERSECTION
-2 Strobes N More LED hideaways in kick panels (1 on each side, both white in color. Synchronously flashed with a whelen ULF)

REAR
-2 Strobes N More LED hideaways in unused section of housing above reverse lights (both red)
-1 Feniex Cobra 800 Warning/TA bar. (Color is custom setup RED/AMBER/RED/RED/RED/RED/WHITE/RED)

SIREN/CONTROLLER/MISC
-1 Whelen CenCom
-1 FS Unitrol 80K siren amp ( allows capability to run dual sirens)
-1 Soundoff 100w Siren Speaker (soon to be another... or 3...)
-1 800 MHz motorola antenna connected to a uniden BCD396XT

Last edited:

W8VFD

Feed Provider
Haters will be haters

No matter what you do there will be critics, been doing radio as a hobby since 1996 and have seen a lot of installs that I'm amazed didn't catch their vehicle on fire, keep up the good work.

Since all I'm getting out of your responses is that you have a compulsory need to create a conflict and win it:

You are right, and I am wrong. I do very sub-par install work.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Since all I'm getting out of your responses is that you have a compulsory need to create a conflict and win it:

You are right, and I am wrong. I do very sub-par install work.

Not really sure why they are criticizing you. It may be overkill (and I'm not saying it is) but so what? It isn't hurting anything. Strange some took such issue with it. Unless it made their install look bad...hmm...

I say well done! Keep up the good work!

PhillyPhoto

Just because you use a lot of something, doesn't mean it looks good, or makes it better.

duct_tape_dodge.jpg

That car is protected from water, but does it make it right?

jcpse

Just because you use a lot of something, doesn't mean it looks good, or makes it better.

duct_tape_dodge.jpg

That car is protected from water, but does it make it right?

I find it funny that you are comparing using duct tape as a replacement to a door on an automobile, to using wire loom to protect electrical connections...

firetaz834

I was going to say here is my 2 cents, but due to inflation here is my quarter. Everyone will do there install a little differently. What is important is how do you feel about it, is it functional, does it pose a life/safety hazard. Other than that everyone will have an opinion about it.

To me it looked to be a good install. but now we will start to see installs on a Taurus instead of a crown vic. We all need to learn from each other. I know that each time I read a post I learn something new and maybe see a new way of doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.