13055 kHz USB Data Bursts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I am picking up continuous short data bursts on 13055 kHz in USB at 1443 PST (2243 GMT). The bursts sound exactly the same, and are just repeating over and over with a break in-between. There is no voice whatsoever. Any idea as to what I am hearing?

Also, picking up what seems like a maritime weather broadcast on 13090 kHz in USB as well. At first I thought maybe this was just interference from NOAA weather transmitter, until I listened in to the local NOAA stations and nothing matched up. Hard to make out the exact description of locations, but I am catching info about wave heights, wind speeds, a mention of Pacific Standard Time, etc.

(I see from a little Googling that this is likely a USCG WX broadcast on 13089 kHz USB. http://radionut53.tripod.com/id170.html)

Last edited:

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Well, that definitely explains the weather broadcast. SW is like a whole 'nother world to explore...

Token

The 13055 kHz data (cf of 13056.4 kHz) you are hearing is Globe Wireless in GW-Tor. Exactly which node it is I am not sure, I suspect San Francisco. You should be hearing the same thing on 13058 kHz (cf 13059.4 kHz). It can be found on dozens of frequencies across the HF spectrum.

While you are probably hearing it idle most of the time it does carry traffic.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.