Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Next time the scanner stops on that freq, unplug the antenna and see if the signal goes away. If it goes away, it's not a birdie. If it doesn't, try the IFX (intermediate frequency exchange) feature (if your scanner has it) for that freq.

D

DaveNF2G

It's not an allocated channel. It is between 132.000 and 132.125. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ubbe

It used to be 25KHz steps in the airband but they have recently started to use 8.333KHz and I understand
that you are using that new step size when searching.

Try open the squelch fully and listen to the signal and tune up/down one step. Do you hear the background
noise shifting? Maybe it is easier to hear in FM mode. I get a lot of interference from different micro chips
in all sorts of devices. A Raspery Pi standalone computer module seems to generate a lot of signals in the VHF range.

If you hear no air traffic on a frequency in the airband you can safely lock out that frequency.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

What scanner do you have? If it's a Uniden you should be able to lock it out permanently by double push the avoid L/O button.
Remember that you'll reset that lock out with the next scanner write if you haven't added the frequency to the lock out table in sentinel.
Most other scanners work the same way.

/Ubbe

kma371

QRT
I am not tearing my hair out about it. Just that the scan repeatedly stopping on that frequency is annoying. Even after I try lock it out.

If you have the step set correct, it shouldnt stop at all. 25khz spacing.

Chris516

What scanner do you have? If it's a Uniden you should be able to lock it out permanently by double push the avoid L/O button.
Remember that you'll reset that lock out with the next scanner write if you haven't added the frequency to the lock out table in sentinel.
Most other scanners work the same way.

/Ubbe
It is the BC75XLT from Uniden. Next time it happens, I will do double L/O. I had just doing it once,

D

DaveNF2G

As others have noted, if you are in the western hemisphere, you should change the default step size for the air band to 25 kHz. Otherwise, most of your searching will be off-frequency and you will not find much traffic.

Ubbe

It will take three times longer to scan the air band using 8.333 steps and as US haven't implemented those frequencies yet
there's no point in scanning them and you should change steps to 25KHz, as already suggested.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.