13339 Aeromexico LDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
While listening to the North Pacific on 13339 kHz, I picked up some Aeromexico traffic on the same freq. Comms were in Spanish. To me it sounds like Aeromexico 002, listed as a Boeing 777-200 from Madrid to Mexico City.

I have attached a recording if someone could help translate.
13339.0_aeromexico_ldoc.mp3

Unfortunately the signal was not very strong but the plane was easier to pick up.

hfdxer

Aeromexico hf frequency

yes this is the frequency used by aeromexico 13.339 usb. they contact Radio Mexico in Mexico City. They ask for weather information for a particular city in Mexico or the USA. I have heard the aircraft and if conditions are good you can hear the base in Mexico City. I have seen the dipoles and hf log periodic antenna at the airport in Mexico City. They have a very nice setup. They also use 17.795 in the past but conditions are not that great at that frequency.

hfdxer

on this audio clip the captain is passing informatin about a passenger. you can actually hear the base station. nice catch. what antenna are you using????

brandon

Database Admin
Thanks for the info. Someday I will learn Spanish so I can start monitoring more on HF. Lots of interesting activity from the sounds of it :) As for my antenna I am using a Wellbrook ALA1530 loop and radio is Icom R75.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting catch for sure. There aren't many LDOCs left on HF anymore, from what I understand. 73 Mike

hfdxer

Thanks for the info. Someday I will learn Spanish so I can start monitoring more on HF. Lots of interesting activity from the sounds of it :) As for my antenna I am using a Wellbrook ALA1530 loop and radio is Icom R75.

I'm thinking about getting a wellbrook to complement my alpha delta dx ultra. do you have it with a rotor???? how high??

Status
Not open for further replies.