137-160 Mhz Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerpro

Hi,

I was listening to the scanner last night and then I heard alot of NY Fire Stations going off on the local freqs. Then I went on the portable on 2M we where on a Repeater in Rhode Island about 12 AM and we heard a NJ Station come in and start chatting about Rifles and Guns. I has been opened for a bit. Trying listing during the nights and that's usally when it's active. It should be opened tonight but I'am unsure. If you in the Northeast of the US it should be opened. I'am unsure if would be opened any where else.

Take care

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Nick and readers,

Yup, there was a very strong tropo condition as a warm front moved in from the southwest. Late yesterday afternoon it started and went hot and heavy all night and has been sporadic nearly all day today. The WX has stabilized so it's over for now but keep your eyes on the weather map and http://home.cogeco.ca/~dxinfo/ as conditions change.

You can read about my adventure in the thread regarding how the same conditions affected 800MHz and amazed a few people.

daleduke17

07/31/06 appx 0130hrs received KC9GFF and another person talking on 146.790 pl 103.5

It usually is the Central Illinois Weather Club freq, but, the callsigns check from Fort Wayne and Muncie, IN.

I tried a few different variations on the calls in case I misheard them, but, most were from the same area, except one from Mowequa, IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.