138.0750 in northern VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been picking up 138.0750 P25 from Winchester VA with a NAC of 293, aircraft calling multiple ground units. Does anyone know if this is U.S. Air Force O.S.I.? I'm picking it up with rooftop antenna so its probably in Washington D.C. area.

BM82557

I've been picking up 138.0750 P25 from Winchester VA with a NAC of 293, aircraft calling multiple ground units. Does anyone know if this is U.S. Air Force O.S.I.? I'm picking it up with rooftop antenna so its probably in Washington D.C. area.

138.075 P25 is used by aircraft flying out of Hagerstown MD that have been outfitted by Sierra Nevada Corporation. SNC has has maintained a presence at Hagerstown (HGR) airport for close to 5 years. Following is a snippet from their website (sncorp.com) - "Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a world-class prime systems integrator and electronic systems provider"

Their activity has been reported in the Maryland Forum in the Sticky Thread for Milair VII (and in prior year's sticky's). See post # 174 of 3/29/2012 in that sticky.

Very good info. While I'm on the subject has anyone heard O.S.I. in the D.C. area? I seem to recall that they have a training facility at Andrews Afb if memory serves..

freqhopping

With ATC they use the callsign CROOK. MC-12 10-0737 has been in the area recently and using a CROOK callsign. Another one that has been flying around recently is N898RJ. It has used the CROOK callsign in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.