144/220/440 MHz FM Repeater Outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I checked the RR database, the WIKI & googled repeater output frequencies for FM voice without any luck, can anybody here provide me with a breakdown of national FM voice repeater outputs for the abovementioned amateur bandplans, I am interested in getting my license but would like to listen first, thanks in advance.

LtDoc

One source for repeaters is the ARRL Repeater Directory. They try to list all the coordinated repeaters, but is not completely up to date. There are a lot of inactive repeaters, for whatever reason, so you just have to try them and see.
One thing to keep in mind is that a repeater has to be fairly close to be heard. Lots of variables in that, antenna, heights, whatever.
- 'Doc

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Get a copy of the ARRL repeater directory. That's probably the closest thing to a national database on ham repeaters. Otherwise, of you just want to search, just search 144-148, 222-225, and 440-450 MHz. If there are any repeaters to be heard, that's where you'll hear them.

hhrj

Premium Subscriber
Why not do a Google search for "amateur radio clubs seminole county"?
Most repeaters are operated by clubs and most also have websites with lists of their repeaters.

Don't forget also 23cm.

Good Luck,
Ron

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
144/220/440 MHz FM repeater Outputs

Thanks gents for your speedy & very informative replies, there are tons of machines in the tri-county area where I live & I shall have a very busy weekend monitoring them, again, thanks.

fineshot1

Thanks gents for your speedy & very informative replies, there are tons of machines in the tri-county area where I live & I shall have a very busy weekend monitoring them, again, thanks.

Go to this web site and look up the amateur repeater coordinating org for your area.
They should have an online database you can look through. This is of course for the
coordinated repeaters and does not include uncoordinated repeaters but should
cover most of them.

NFCC Coordinators

ermin

I checked the RR database, the WIKI & googled repeater output frequencies for FM voice without any luck, can anybody here provide me with a breakdown of national FM voice repeater outputs for the abovementioned amateur bandplans, I am interested in getting my license but would like to listen first, thanks in advance.

Hello you are in luck. Florida Repeater Council Home Page has a very accurate listing of Florida repeaters. Please note that not all listings in your area will be active for various reasons.

Get your license. You'll never regret it.

Ermin

thomast77

Go to the database for seminole county and click the Amateur Radio tab. You may also want to check the surrounding counties as well. Between that and the Florida Repeater Council Webpage listed several times above and you should have all the available repeaters for your area minus the occasional un coordinated repeater. For those you will need to search the 2m band.

W2IBC

good luck. hopefully you hear more then repeaters just id'ing

dont forget to scan around simplex channels as well. might catch some peeps simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.