145.210 In Dallas Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd throw this out here for those HAMs on the boards, Carrollton's Amateur Radio Club has it's new repeater open. It is maintained by the city as a vital part of the disaster response effort (paid for by us though). I believe it is an 11dB antenna fed by 7/8 inch cable with...well I forget what the ERP is, think it's 4,000 watts not sure. The running joke in the club is that we've effectively sterilized the population and killed every fly out to the horizon.

Anyway, the good info that you're probably wanting: Input is 144.610
PL 118.8
Output is 145.210

So far we've found a 5 watt HT with a rubber duck antenna can hit it from Double Oak, I believe the farthest anyone has tried so far is Sanger. Great new toy that will last for quite a while, and the second anything goes wrong with it the city is instantly aware of it and they'll have a guy out repairing it before we even know it's down.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info...I'll have to program it into my dual band rig, two HT's, two scanners and the IC706 here on the desk...

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
my call....

W5CEM down here near UP!!!

Not IN UP...but close enuf to enjoy the parks and ban on leaf blowers early on weekend mornings...

bwillcox

Sounds good

Sitting here listening to the new machine now. Sounds great.

Where is the new machine at? I know where the old .21 and 442.650 are.

Will have to try it out from Sanger next time I make up there. I am sure I can hit it from up there with no problems.

MARS going to leave the tone at 118.8 on the new system when they bring the old machine down?

(de KD5WYU in Lewisville here, btw)

-b-

The new machine is on top of the 225(?) foot Water Tower on Marsh Lane right behind Fire Station 3 on the East end of the city. I believe that is also the highest point in the city above sea level, but not sure exact elevation.

Our current plans for the old one is to leave it up for 30 days to catch any stragglers so everyone knows about the new PL tone. The old machine (located on top of Trinity Medical Center) will be taken off the air and rebuilt with brand new parts. It will become a secondary/backup system should some disaster befall the new one.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Races?

Is this the RACES repeater for Carrollton? I suspect a liason to 146.88 in times of inclement weather.

I programmed it into all the radios and it is fun to hear you guys enjoy the new repeater...alas, it appears I need to get into the attic and adjust the two meter antenna...it is stronger on my scanner than the IC 706!!!

But it's too HOT!

Yeah this is the RACES repeater, we hope that when a tornado comes our way we can aim the antenna in the direction it's coming from and cause the storm to dissipate by transmitting at it :lol: :lol: :lol:

nd5y

This morning I keyed up a 145.21 repeater while mobile here in Mineral Wells.
I'm not sure if it was Carrollton or not. It did not ID and had a relatively short hang time with no idiot tone.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
That might have been it...I just tried it here at my desk in Dallas and no ID, short hang time and no idiot tone!!! That would be SOME coverage!!!

73's...cleve

3 of us went out to Tyler this morning, we were able to hit it up until the Van Zandt county line, still had good reception almost into Tyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.