145.48 mhz in Southern Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8RUS

I realize this is the HF forum, but there is not a forum for 2 meters amateur radio. I have been receiving what sounds like data being transmitted on 145.48. It sounds similar to a control channel noise that you hear when scanning MOT or EDACS for example. It is not continuous but sometimes constant and at other time sporadic and is heard all day long. This has been recently ( approx 3 wks ) and is pretty annoying as it bleeds over on 145.47 link the Jackson area (Onondaga) which I monitor the IRA link system here in Michigan on 2 meters. I am located in Ingham Co. in southern MI. At times it is full scale receive. Any commnets?? Thanks, 1002.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
This is actually one of the new ICOM D-Star Digital Repeaters!

The repeater is located in "Hell, Michigan (Livingston County)", it is atop a 200 ft. tall tower and is part of the "K8LCD - Livingston County D-Star Group" D-Star stack which includes 2-Meters, 70-CM, and 23-CM. Below is a list of the frequencies that are linked to the system.

2-Meters Voice = 145.480 MHz. -.600 KHz.
70-CM Voice = 444.0625 MHz. +5.00 MHz.
23-CM Voice = 1294.480 MHz. -20.00 MHz.
23-CM Data = 1254.480 MHz. Simplex

It should not be bleeding over any radio as it only uses a 6.25 KHz. bandwidth and is 100% digitally modulated. Unfortunately that being said, most amateur receivers have too wide of a front end, scanners included, and therefore they pick up ALL adjacent channel interference...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It should not be bleeding over any radio as it only uses a 6.25 KHz. bandwidth and is 100% digitally modulated. Unfortunately that being said, most amateur receivers have too wide of a front end, scanners included, and therefore they pick up ALL adjacent channel interference...

I could see this could developing into a nasty debate between the haves and the haves not.

N8RUS

K8GLD- Thanks for the info. I'm located 7 miles west of Stockbridge and about 14 miles from Hell. Actually the D-Star system crossed my mind. I monitor the 146.68 repeater along with others in the area so I'm a little familiar with the D-star sys. in Liv Co. going live. I'll tone code the 145.47 link and that will take care of the problem on my end. Where in Hell is the tower located (no pun intended) Ha!!

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
The repeater is located in the area of Patterson Lake Rd. and Dexter-Pinckeny Rd. on a 200 ft. tall tower. I am the former trustee of the repeater and I recently sold the system to W8SS as I was suppose to be leaving the area for Florida, however those plans all changed and my wife and I are staying put in Hamburg. The repeater has portable and mobile coverage throughout most of Washtenaw, Livingston, Ingham, Jackson, Oakland, Genesee counties.

There is also another Livingston County D-Star machine on 2-Meters and 70-CM that are run by the LARK - Livingston County Amateur Radio Klub.

They are on:

2-Meter Voice = 145.320 MHz. -.600 KHz.
70-CM Voice = 444.0375 MHz. +5.00 MHz.

Their call sign is "W8LIV"

I hope this information helps and perhaps we'll catch you on the D=Star side soon!

Jerry - K8GLD

SCPD

QRT
D-Star

Glad to hear a couple of D-Staqr machines are up in SE Mich. I've been listening to some simplex D-Star at 145.67, I think in the Dearborn area.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Well someone complained about not being able to access the repeater in Jackson County from the east, so the VHF repeater has been moved to a new frequency as per the new repeater trustee... I am not sure of what the exact frequency is though at this moment.

No, these are NOT streamed over the internet, unless you have access to the "DVDongle"!

Thanks...

Jerry - K8GLD

N8RUS

I wondered what happened!? Over the week-end I talked to one of the members of the LARK club and he said that he heard of the repeater being moved to a different freq but wasn't aware of what it was at the time. Thanks for the info, K8GLD. 1002 ( N8RUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.