Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Does anyone know which organization/club/group operates a repeater on 145.7000? I was doing a search thru the 2mtr band on my scanner yesterday and came across this frequency in use. I have most of the local repeaters programmed into a scanlist on my scanner, so when I switched over to that scanlist to see who it was, I found that I didn't have it programmed in. That was easily fixed, but when I got home and checked the repeater directories, I was unable to find any entries for it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

SSSG

:)

nd5y

Does it ID? Are you sure it is a repeater and not a simplex IRLP or EchoLink node?
On 2m you can only operate a repeater in the 144.5-145.5 and 146.0-148.0 subbands.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Does it ID?

No, it didn't. At least not while I was listening.

Are you sure it is a repeater and not a simplex IRLP or EchoLink node?

Simplex is a possibility. Didn't give that a thought. I guess when I think 2mtr, I automatically think repeater.

On 2m you can only operate a repeater in the 144.5-145.5 and 146.0-148.0 subbands.

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember reading about that when I was studying for my license a few years back.

Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it.

:)

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I know this freq. This is an IRLP node. I spoke with the owner back in Jan or Feb on this freq. He uses it to keep in touch with certain people and he's also nice enough to let people join in if they so wish.

It's completely legal to have Echolink or IRLP or D-Star or whatever on a simplex frequency so long as you do not have a physical repeater outside of the repeater subbands.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The "700 Club"

It's not an IRLP node; rather is an Echolink node run by John Hanna KC9HZC in Brookfield, IL. The group is extremely friendly, and comprised of hams in the western Cook County area. They meet once a month on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 11:30 at Ledo's Pizza in Countryside. It's just a simplex frequency that one of the guys in the group selected about 10 years ago, and John put his Echolink node there for all to use. Many, if not most of the group are retired. They monitor this frequency 24/7/365, so if you get a chance, announce your callsign and one of the participants would probably respond for a friendly QSO.

What's interesting is that 145.710 is a designated simplex frequency for Amateur Radio use of the DuPage County Office of Emergency Management. John has agreed to disable the Echolink node on 145.700 if/when DuPage OEM is on 145.710 conducting nets, training, etc.

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Yes, Will is absolutely correct. I meant to say Echolink, but am really tired after a long day and then an even longer night working on an important new project. The guys there are absolutely what Will describes. Very knowledgeable on top of being friendly.

Will, I didn't know until now that DuPage OEM had an amateur simplex frequency until you mentioned it. Has it been listed in a band plan for the locals somewhere? If it isn't listed in a band plan, I would try to get it listed and known so that people know to leave that freq clear during those times when DuPage is using it.

Just as an FYI, I have never heard any ops there in regards to emcomm over the last 4 years and my antenna is up quite high.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
DuPage Emcomm

Yes, Will is absolutely correct. I meant to say Echolink, but am really tired after a long day and then an even longer night working on an important new project. The guys there are absolutely what Will describes. Very knowledgeable on top of being friendly.

Will, I didn't know until now that DuPage OEM had an amateur simplex frequency until you mentioned it. Has it been listed in a band plan for the locals somewhere? If it isn't listed in a band plan, I would try to get it listed and known so that people know to leave that freq clear during those times when DuPage is using it.

Just as an FYI, I have never heard any ops there in regards to emcomm over the last 4 years and my antenna is up quite high.
--------------------
Actually, DuPage OEM hasn't done much lately, AFAIK. Most of the ham radio stuff is being conducted by DuPage ARES ( DuPage County ARES® ). What, if any traffic on 145.710 I'm not aware of currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.