145.800 Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Heard some ISS comms today on 145.800 from East Tennessee. Heard them for about 5 minutes. They was answering questions about certain things like kids or students was asking them. I only heard them, I couldn't hear the other side.

kma371

QRT
Heard some ISS comms today on 145.800 from East Tennessee. Heard them for about 5 minutes. They was answering questions about certain things like kids or students was asking them. I only heard them, I couldn't hear the other side.

Probably this

​A direct contact via K4JMC with students at Rainbow Middle School in Rainbow City, AL. is presently scheduled for Wed 2017-01-04 17:29:40 UTC 80 deg. The scheduled astronaut is Shane Kimbrough, KE5HOD. John Kludt, K4SQC is the ARISS Technical Mentor coordinating the contact with the school.

wtp

well...

that explains why he used the word rainbow, and to keep studying.
and that the kids would know more about the station than the adults, because they study it.

spacellamaman

me too me too

in two plus years i have been full bore into scanning (1 1/2 using a pro-668 24/7 with recording enabled), with this as the super duper priority channel, this particular occasion was the best yet in terms of time between first and last rx, best clarity, longest duration tx's and most numerous rx's.

which of course means i was outside at the time and didn't know til hours later. this was all the while scanning prob 500+ freqs along with it. could have been really something had i been able to stop it on that freq for the duration.

and many thanks for the upcoming contacts link, i have been trying to find that for some time with no luck.

wcu02mpa

I have actually spoke with the ISS (several years ago), using the 144.590 up link and 145.800 down link. I have heard them numerous times while traveling. I used a 110W analog Motorola spectra and a Larsen NM0-150 whip. It was an Italian astronaut and we chatted for about 5 minutes then I lost the horizon. Can anyone confirm that the 144.590 up link is still in use. I know there is a UHF up link as well. I am installing a 120W Kenwood TK-790H in my vehicle and will put that freq combo in. 100 plus watts with a proper antenna gets it done.

Harlock

DDOG - ISS is passing over WNC tonight around 9:08PM so you might be able to hear something.

wd9ewk

Can anyone confirm that the 144.590 up link is still in use. I know there is a UHF up link as well.

When on VHF, the uplink is 144.490 MHz and the downlink is 145.800 MHz for voice contacts. Rarely used over the past few years, but was active for the 2014 ARRL Field Day. For UHF, 437.550 MHz simplex is allocated for crewmember activities, and is currently being used for the packet/APRS digipeater until the replacement VHF radio is installed in the ISS Columbus module. I have never heard random QSOs from the ISS on UHF, although there are some scheduled contacts with schools etc. using 437.525 MHz as the FM downlink - mostly for European schools.

Good luck!

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I have actually spoke with the ISS (several years ago), using the 144.590 up link and 145.800 down link. I have heard them numerous times while traveling. I used a 110W analog Motorola spectra and a Larsen NM0-150 whip. It was an Italian astronaut and we chatted for about 5 minutes then I lost the horizon. Can anyone confirm that the 144.590 up link is still in use. I know there is a UHF up link as well. I am installing a 120W Kenwood TK-790H in my vehicle and will put that freq combo in. 100 plus watts with a proper antenna gets it done.

I don't think the uplink frequency is 144.59 as this is the repeater input frequency for one of our local repeaters and have heard nothing on this from the ISS. As another post stated, it is my understanding that 144.49 which is what I know is the uplink frequency when they are over North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.