148.125 Sunday night net??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
A week ago Sunday night (2/12/12) at 9pm I stumbled across a net on a repeater output of 148.125. This shows in our database as Dugway OPS1. The call signs were included: UM4904; UM497, UM4901.

This was heard clearly at my location "on the Island" - a fairly low spot in Cache Valley. I did not hear them this most recent Sunday, although I did not lock in the frequency and listen closely.

Issues:
1. Why did I hear this in Cache Valley - rarely do VHF signals cross the Wellsvilles
2. Is this a regular net?
3. What is the meaning of the call signs?

Other thoughts?

W

kd7rto

That's the Civil Air Patrol. They have repeaters at multiple sites throughout the state on 148.125 and 148.15.

ecps92

From the RR Wiki

What PL did you get this on. Each Repeater has it's own Tone. :confused:
Utah has approx 11-12 Repeater sites

also the Wiki indicates [might be old info] the nets are Tuesdays, see if it occurs every sunday.

Also check out the MT Blog

A week ago Sunday night (2/12/12) at 9pm I stumbled across a net on a repeater output of 148.125. This shows in our database as Dugway OPS1. The call signs were included: UM4904; UM497, UM4901.

This was heard clearly at my location "on the Island" - a fairly low spot in Cache Valley. I did not hear them this most recent Sunday, although I did not lock in the frequency and listen closely.

Issues:
1. Why did I hear this in Cache Valley - rarely do VHF signals cross the Wellsvilles
2. Is this a regular net?
3. What is the meaning of the call signs?

Other thoughts?

W

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
pl

From the RR Wiki

What PL did you get this on. Each Repeater has it's own Tone. :confused:
Utah has approx 11-12 Repeater sites

also the Wiki indicates [might be old info] the nets are Tuesdays, see if it occurs every sunday.

Also check out the MT Blog

The pl was 167.9
thanks!
W

N7YUO

I do know that when I have listened to Civil Air Patrol here in Utah, they always used the callsign
"Uncle Mike"

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
That would be the R-14 Repeater, now for some folks to listen more and see if we can ID Where the Repeater is. :D
Thanks for this info, kind of. Where are you finding a list of these? It's not in the Utah Military freqs in the Utah Database?
There is a big exercise coming up and one member of the Utah forum noted he had mucho CAP info but could not release it.
My CAP knowledge goes back to Missouri 8 yrs ago when they had callsigns like Bluebird## etc. Why these callsigns?
W

ecps92

See my original post with the link to the RR Wiki :D

Each Wing has their own Call Signs [A Wing = State]

Thanks for this info, kind of. Where are you finding a list of these? It's not in the Utah Military freqs in the Utah Database?
There is a big exercise coming up and one member of the Utah forum noted he had mucho CAP info but could not release it.
My CAP knowledge goes back to Missouri 8 yrs ago when they had callsigns like Bluebird## etc. Why these callsigns?
W

Status
Not open for further replies.