148.150 in Chicago area question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
The other day I was waiting for my wife at the train station, and listening to my scanner as I usually do, when I came across a net conducting call-ins on 148.150. I just caught the last minute or two of it, but the guy in charge of the whole thing seemed to be going by the name of Redfox204.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information as to what group this could be? I looked up the frequency for the Chicago area, and it seems to be a Civil Air Patrol frequency.

Any info / help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

SSSG

ecps92

Civil Air Patrol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Air_Patrol

SouthSideScannerGuy said:
The other day I was waiting for my wife at the train station, and listening to my scanner as I usually do, when I came across a net conducting call-ins on 148.150. I just caught the last minute or two of it, but the guy in charge of the whole thing seemed to be going by the name of Redfox204.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information as to what group this could be? I looked up the frequency for the Chicago area, and it seems to be a Civil Air Patrol frequency.

Any info / help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

SSSG

ecps92

With CAP having updated their Repeaters and Radios from Wideband to Narrowband, has anyone in IL caught any of the new Tones/Frequencies??

Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki
The WIKI for IL/MO needs some help.

Repeaters are on 148.1250 and 148.1500 with all new inputs and tones.

The Repeaters also are dual mode, meaning they can be used with CTCSS or can also be used in P25 mode.

Illinois has atleast 11 Repeaters to cover the state.

See what you hear on Roll-Call nights.

Okay, cool. Thanks for your input. It's appreciated.

SSSG :)

wuzafuzz

Is there really a need for the civil air patrol anymore?
In Colorado we keep quite busy. There are a variety of missions, including the classic SAR and ELT searches, support to various local and federal agencies, drug demand reduction, and a solid cadet program. My squadron alone has about 80 cadets and another 40-50 adult members, many of whom are very active in all CAP's typical roles.

In answer to your question, yes, there is a need for Civil Air Patrol. Is CAP the only game in town? No, but we are often a great value for the things we do. Your mileage may vary, the competency between individual squadrons can differ dramatically.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
148.125 Civil Air Patrol Net

At 7pm last night I heard a Civil Air Patrol repeater net on 148.125(107.2) from the western Chicago burbs. Traffic was NBFM analog voice. At about 8pm I was searching the 148.0-150.770 MHz band when I caught what sounded like the tail end of a digital (P25) repeater key-up...but no voice traffic.

FWIW, 107.2 was the PL listed for their Chicago repeater when the nightly nets used to be on 148.150.

ecps92

It looks like some Wings were assigned the same PL tone as in the past, others Not. Good Find.

R-25 for Northern IL
FYI, the P25 for this Rptr would be $430

At 7pm last night I heard a Civil Air Patrol repeater net on 148.125(107.2) from the western Chicago burbs. Traffic was NBFM analog voice. At about 8pm I was searching the 148.0-150.770 MHz band when I caught what sounded like the tail end of a digital (P25) repeater key-up...but no voice traffic.

FWIW, 107.2 was the PL listed for their Chicago repeater when the nightly nets used to be on 148.150.

Status
Not open for further replies.