15 minute time delay for audio feed

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of software that can add a 15 minute or more time delay for a personal audio feed? Bonus points for freeware or shareware.
Thanks!

What kind of radio or audio source are you using?
Do you know yet if you plan on using a Shoutcast or Icecast server?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Only official feeds are allowed to use a delay on Broadcastify

Feed Delays: Feed broadcasters are prohibited from implementing any user defined delays on their broadcasts unless they have the written approval from the Broadcastify administration staff. Written approval for feed delays are typically only granted to official feed providers.

NOTE: By personal I'm not sure if you mean a feed provided to Broadcastify by you (not as an agency) or a feed you have set up for personal use through another means

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
SDR or a scanner? If you can’t find what you are looking for I’d suggest some recording options instead of a delay.

If using a scanner that is supported by ProScan, you can go back in time and start replaying recorded calls. If you are using an SDR, then Trunking Recorder along with SDR-Trunk will do same thing.

Not what you were looking for but might be an alternative.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Trunking Recorder now supports import of transmissions recorded by ProScan.

You could easily connect the scanner to the PC and have ProScan record the activity, then run Trunking Recorder on the same PC to grab the audio files, and it also provides a nice web interface to listen to the calls. You can have it play in real time, and if you need to go back to something earlier, super easy.

wgbecks

I don't know if this concept meets your needs, but I am using op25 running on a Raspberry Pi-4 in conjunction with Liquidsoap, Icecast, and Apache to create a private stream of a P25 TRS with audio archival broken into one-hour segments.

I can access the Icecast server over the network (locally and remotely) to listen in on the live audio stream (approximate 30 second delay) with the capability of being able to connect to the Apache server to retrieve the audio archives for playback on demand. A cron job runs once every twenty-four hours and deletes all audio archive files older than seven days.

View of browser displaying the current seven days in archive.

Archive-1.png

View of browser displaying the selected day's archives

Archive-2.png

AB5ID

For me ideally, I could be driving around my town, hear sirens, grab my phone, and start listening to shoutcast feed that is 15 minutes delayed from realtime; without fiddling with files or searching down the content.