150 mile radius DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Hi,

Well, slowly but "Shirley" (LOL!), I'm working on the 150 mile radius Quattro 10 spreadsheet for fire, police, parish, county, state, & federal frequencies from Shreveport, LA. So far, I have quite a lot of fire departments and am working on the others.

I don't have any agencies in Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Mississippi, but do have Texas & Louisiana. It's a slow process, as I get "tired" easily. But, I keep working on it.

I have to "share" this computer of the wife's with not only her, but the grandson, when he stops here from school to look up homework assignments and later that evening, when the adult daughter comes to pick him up and they go home.

I've purchased a Asus "pre-owned" P5LD2-VM with 2 gigs of DDR-533 RAM. I'm waiting for it to arrive, then I can get the Antec case and CoolerMaster 500 psu, LOL! I'll be running Kbuntu Linux on it to control my Icom706MkII-G transciever and I can also work on the 'spreadsheet' as well, but FULL-TIME, LOL! Any of y'all do Linux?

I hope all is well with each of you. We're still getting lightning, thunder, and copious amounts of rain here until tomorrow afternoon. I pray y'all don't get the flooding, like we've had here.

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

cajunjerry

150 mile radius

So when are you going to share those freqs? I'd like to know if there are any new good TG for Caddo Bossier...Jerry

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I would be interested as well, I am going to stay a week in Bossier to visit my Father
we may end up moving there but i am not sure

ka5lqj

Hi Guys!

Well....

It's still a "WIP"..."Work-In-Progress", I'll be MORE than glad to send you an 'unfinished" copy to your e-mail box. The "Database" is actually a Quattro Pro 10 spreadsheet.

Now, these are from the "Active" list database of the F.C.C. I can't gar-un-tee, that ALL the stations still USE these frequencies, but it's a start for me to "monitor." Since I'm still working on it, there are still some small towns in Texas and Louisiana that I have not found yet, but I'm working on those and some have 'expired'.

There's nothing above 174 mcs. I'll have to go back and look for some of the City of Bossier City TG's, most City stuff, Water meters, Building inspectors, Streets, Recreation,
very boring stuff. I'll check to see if the Police have a new TG they use for speeding and license checks. Seems that all you ever hear the Bossier Police do is write tickets, LOL! If you're REAL SMART, you don't speed or do drugs in Bossier City. There, the police sit down the street from bars and arrest you for DWI, once your tires hit the street, whither your drunk or not. I've been sober 30 years this October 8th, but I do see them do this.

Ok, I'm headed to the "Boob Tube" to try and watch the NASCAR "All Star Race" from Charlotte.

Blessings All,

Don/KA5-LQJ

Status
Not open for further replies.