151.205 Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Lake County and sometimes hear weak comms with PLs of 121.8 and 151.4 on 151.205. They're pulled in with a rooftop discone, so I assume they're not local. I can't find anything in OH, MI, or PA with those PLs in the DB, and can't deduce locations or user types from the conversations. I don't suppose anyone in northeast OH would know who these are? I suppose they could be from across the lake in Ontario. Are there any Canadian DB websites?

SCPD

QRT
From the RR database Lake County page:

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
151.20500 KSP258 RM 97.4 PL KIRTLAND PD Kirtland Police Dispatch FM Law Dispatch

don't know what the other PLs are. Like OHIO63 said 121.8 is bogus. Maybe 131.8 ? Could be not local.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
From the RR database Lake County page:

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
151.20500 KSP258 RM 97.4 PL KIRTLAND PD Kirtland Police Dispatch FM Law Dispatch

don't know what the other PLs are. Like OHIO63 said 121.8 is bogus. Maybe 131.8 ? Could be not local.

Thanks, I already know about Kirtland PD. It's a local signal for me. I will continue to monitor the others.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks, I already know about Kirtland PD. It's a local signal for me. I will continue to monitor the others.

I did a search also and that's all I was able to come up with around here. Do you hear this other signal all the time? There has been a bit of enhancement lately and could be from just about anywhere.

I also found a probably obsolete listing to a customer of North Coast - and that had the same callsign as Kirtland PD. Not sure just what that's all about. :)

~~~~~
I see (now) you said "....sometimes hear ...."

Last edited:

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
AHA! Using my Uniden Home Patrol 1, I ran a 12 hour Conventional Discovery session (with audio recording) on 151.205. Here's what I found by comparing the tone info on the session hit list against the RR DB, and listening to the recorded audio:

Kirtland, OH PD (no surprise, local for me)

Lorain, OH FD

Orleans TWP, MI FD

Detroit Zoo --- Royal Oak, MI

Niagra Specialized Transit, Niagra County, ON

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Niagara Specialized Transit

NST transmit in P25 digital but there are other municipal services here using this freq in analog. Hope this helps solve your mystery!

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
NST transmit in P25 digital but there are other municipal services here using this freq in analog. Hope this helps solve your mystery!

Thanks for the info. The RR DB shows only NST on 151.205 in ON, so it's apparently incomplete. The comms I heard mentioned Niagra Central, St.Catharines, and highway 140, so they appear to be from Niagra County.

Status
Not open for further replies.