151.220 (D132) in St Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmoscanner

Heya gang,

I was up @ MWSU on Sunday in St. Joseph and while on campus heard some traffic on 151.2200 (D132). Did not find anything in database or ULS for a licensed user. I did hear a teacher referenced and also noted the MDC Northwest regional office is on the MWSU campus. Anyone local confirm the user as MDC @ MWSU or is this someone else??

Thanks
Gregg in KC

wb0wao

151.220 is a common frequency for the MO Dept. of Conservation. Most likely that is what you monitored.

Dennis

scannerowner

Do you know what the user was saying? MDC is right on top of the hill from MWSU. Was it a man or woman. I know people that work for the NW Regional Office for MDC that is on top of the hill. Can you give any details??

ksmoscanner

Not much other than it sounded like a woman advising a male that xxx were reentering a building.

A teacher also wanted to talk with a party but did not hear most of the details.

Sig strength was strong up there but I did not see any license for MDC in the ULS in Buchanan Co for 151.220. Maybe using a statewide license? 151.445 was also active but with Morse ID only. I did not note anything on the inputs (159.xxx) while 151.220 was active so I doubt it was a repeater.

I am a current applicant at MWSU for the Conservation Studies and noted that MDC and college staff work together quite closely in my program reseach. I figured it was something being used on Campus so MDC and MWSU could communicate but its just a guess. I know the agents use 151.1900 in most of the NW region.

Also noted the College's Biology Dept uses the Conservation Area right behind the Regional Office for biology studies...maybe some students were returning from this area and staff was keeping each other in the loop....

Again just a guess though.

Gregg in KC

scannerowner

Yes, students have classrooms in the MDC office as well. I'm a student at MWSU and my father works for MDC, so I can figure out what is going on quite well. Did you catch the number that you heard, 300s are agents and there are others for the other divisions, I guess you can say. Example: Private Lands, Forestry, etc. As far as I know they don't use radios to let each other know what's going on. I found out they have many towers in the state and each tower uses a different frequency (for the most part) and they do utilize a telephone like radio to talk to whomever they need to through out this portion of the state. Wish I could help more, but my dad doesn't know much about their radios and how they work except that they use many different towers when they are in a specific area. That's all I know. I looked in the database and it shows that 151.220 is used probably as their "Rocheport Tower". Hope this helps to clarify some, but if you remembered the number, I could find out more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.