151.820, digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I heard what was P25 on 151.820, as far as I knew this was a MURS freq. Maybe not anymore? Anyways it was 151.820 NAC was 000. It wasn't on a repeater and sounded like some kind of just chit chat channel. they were using like "Adam 63" and call signs like this too. I was driving on a road trip and I was in North Dakota so I don't know if this helps. I was passing through the Fargo area. It faded out really fast so I knew they were using portables on direct mode. OK, thanks so much!

PS. Has anyone ever heard of Public Safety using MURS? lol

trumpetman

Database Admin
MURS is a free for all for anyone now days. I know of some public safety agencies that use them as a BS channel. I have several friends that use it as a BS channel as well. Some will keep it low powered on analog to prevent any suspicion, others run all 110 W full P25 and DES encryption and talk clear across the city they live in.

miamimd1

I can talk for 45 Miles between 2 building on MURS with two watts and J-pole. Got to love VHF propagation, i have heard digital and encryption on a few occasions, mostly scrambled signals from non commercial users.

Status
Not open for further replies.