151.820 MHz in Windsor/Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco836

I've been hearing regular conversations for the past few hours with (generally) decent signal strength on 151.820 across Windsor/Essex county discussing various radio technology. I understand that 151.82 is a MURS frequency. Any idea if this a particular HAM (or other) Radio group using this? There was some pretty interesting technical chatter going on.

Anyone else heard it? It's still going on at the moment.

tilt404

I have heard them in the past and found they were coming from the Wyandotte area in Michigan on the other side of La Salle across the river. Seemed like they were using modified radios with amps which I don't think is legal on MURS frequencies. For where they were they were coming in very loud here full strength which would be a bit odd for a MURS radio. I found where they were from listening for a few weeks and tracking locations they said they were at.

They were using odd names like they do on the CB band also. Last I listened they were always talking about modifiying radios and amplifiers and such. Seemed like the same groupd of guys all the time.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Likely just some guys who grabbed a 'free' no license needed frequency and ran with it. I know other guys in my areas using MURS frequencies for general chatter as well even though they technically weren't allowed in Canada yet.... However, as of last month they were supposed to become available but I can't seem to find any recent Industry Canada docs saying so. Just the original docs saying 5 years from June 2009...

SP 1.7 GHz - Spectrum Allocation and Utilization Policy Regarding the Use of Certain Frequency Bands Below 1.7 GHz for a Range of Radio Applications - Spectrum Management and Telecommunications

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Ive heard them as well , just kind of general chatter , but whatever radios they have put out a good strong signal .....

Status
Not open for further replies.