152.930 DMR encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Sound familiar to anyone? Color Code is 3, only talkgroup is 910002; all RIDs are in the 77xxx area, and everyone is encrypted.

Been seeing it every morning so I'm not convinced it's from Mississippi, what with the band openings and all. Only thing I know is it's not MillionAir at GPT.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've...never...heard of a utility provider using encryption, but, in any case, there aren't any licensed on that freq in my three-state area (AL/MS/LA).

trumpetman

Database Admin
My bet would be Transcontinental Pipeline. They have a linked DMR network that runs the length of their pipeline from the gulf up to New England. They've always been encrypted and utilizing RAS when I've caught them. There is pretty heavy data usage but I've never looked to see if it's able to be decoded. I've seen TG 910047 in use around the Charlotte, NC area with 1551XX & 1556XX RIDs. 152.9300 is licensed in use in Seminary just outside Laurel, MS on WQWF685; not sure how close you are to there.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Well, in my personal experience, I had not yet run across encryption on utilities (though TBH I rarely monitor them). Makes me wonder why others on RR haven't started screaming about secret utility police.

Anyhow, TransCon is around 90 miles north of my QTH, but I'll investigate further. Haven't heard this freq since.

Status
Not open for further replies.