Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

Anyone have any idea what U.S. cops come over 153.140? I've been searching all of New York State in the database, but have come up with nothing.

Of note during this band opening, getting St. Catherines 155.455 clear as day, and from the U.S., Oswego, Monroe County and Niagara all coming well all the way up here in the Kawarthas!

Happy Thanksgiving!
ES

DaveH

The propogation early to late this morning on VHF has been enhanced
so without further clues it could be coming from any number of places.
If it was being repeated, sometimes the signal is on the repeater input
and not intentionally being repeated, which could make IDing more of
a challenge.

Sometimes, a fire repeater north of me in Val Des Monts Que. (151.535)
repeats a FD in St. Johnsbury VT (154.250).

Dave

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
From outside Ottawa, On (Munster) frequently I would pick up fire dispatch from St. Catherines with a RS ground plane mounted about 35 ft up. As Dave states check both input and repeater outputs....you may bre suprised what your hearing.

With the right conditions the mobile/repeater out will be picked up far away and repeated...and with the right conditions you will hear this TX far away...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
That's the kind've stuff I've encountered with the Shawville Fire Dept. freq. in Quebec. The input to there repeater is a output repeater frequency somewhere in NY State and I'd hear cops on there all the time until I covered it up with the PL tone.

mciupa

edwardscott said:
Anyone have any idea what U.S. cops come over 153.140? I've been searching all of New York State in the database, but have come up with nothing.
Happy Thanksgiving!
ES

I had a look in the NY DB and found these listings ( sorry no Police). It could have been one of the listings particularly from Monroe , Niagara , or Erie County.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&freq=153.14&action=sf&stcd=NY

I'm hoping you can view the link.:confused: ( I have access being a premium subscriber) I think I have previously posted FCC links before to regular subscribers and they told me that the link was "dead". :(

Last edited:

DaveH

DaveH said:
Sometimes, a fire repeater north of me in Val Des Monts Que. (151.535)
repeats a FD in St. Johnsbury VT (154.250).

Dave

Talk about coincidence, I was referring to an occurance some time ago,
and I just tuned into some activity now...

Dave

mciupa

Did you just catch the Vermont area FD ? :eek: :cool:

... come to think of it , I have heard US police from the Finger Lakes area being repeatered over the Northumberland Fire repeater on 153.515 in the past.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Just heard a pump dispatched to a alarms call at 177 Kendrick Crt on 154.2500mhz. Was definately Canadian dispatch. Neat thing is I'm in downtown Toronto right now so according to TAFL its either from Haldimand or Peterborough, no CTCSS detected so I'm leaning twards Haldimand.

homerjay

ocscan said:
Just heard a pump dispatched to a alarms call at 177 Kendrick Crt on 154.2500mhz. Was definately Canadian dispatch. Neat thing is I'm in downtown Toronto right now so according to TAFL its either from Haldimand or Peterborough, no CTCSS detected so I'm leaning twards Haldimand.

154.250 is the City of Hamilton Trunk Simulcast (VHF dispatch) or whatever its called. I know it's weird it does not show up in TAFL as being registered to the City of Hamilton at all.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
homerjay said:
154.250 is the City of Hamilton Trunk Simulcast (VHF dispatch) or whatever its called. I know it's weird it does not show up in TAFL as being registered to the City of Hamilton at all.

Just to confirm they don't TX with a CTCSS tone?

homerjay

ocscan said:

I'm still new to this so I dont know that, but I do know it does broadcast the Hamilton dispatch channel only. Haldimand region use 153.875 (west end from what I've herd) and 154.400 (east end for what I've herd). How would I go about finding out if they broadcast using a CTCSS tone?

jellotor

ocscan said:

Right. That VHF frequency broadcasts talkgroup 1616 from the TRS and is used to page out the rural fire stations.

To determine if they broadcast with a PL tone enable Tone Search on your scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.