154.130 interferrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
last week or so on my scannner as well as my portible the 54.130mhz is getting alot of interferrance especially when im driving through boonville, and alder creek. its not coming from my truck because i turned all equipment off in the truck and i sill get it, wondering if the boonville village dispatch gets the same, its not exactly static, its more like someone is leaving the mic keyed up or something. curious if anyone else is getting the same?

c0untyb0y

years back now but one time our village DPW had a fire portable in their office that was left on and was somehow dead keyed. started to notice the interference on Friday and lasted through the weekend, likely until the battery died. DPW came in on Monday and noticed the radio was dead. it could be something similar to what you're hearing.

no known diagnosed interference here in the central section of Oneida County.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
i would consider that a cause, but i also notice it around deerfeild on my way to work too, last year around the same of year throughout winter when i worked in rome i noticed alot of channels on my BCT15X sounded dead keyed, id temp l/o like 15 upon scanner startup, its sparodic, and widespread, not really shure what to make of it, maybe natural geological disturbence, i have no clue.

SCPD

QRT
Some departments in Oneida County are using PL tone 162.2. Too bad all the department don't use PL 162.2 on 154.130. I pick up Rochester FD and several out of the area agencies on that frequency.
I also noticed a dead carrier on the frequency as well... had it locked out.

John
W2RJO

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Thanks John for confirming this, at least i know its just me. ive also noticed quite a few channels doing it, such as 155.160 that i only hear in the alder creek area tho, so idk

w2xq

Mentor
Around here Comcast CATV radiates spurs in the 2m band and elsewhere, heard at home and in the car when out and about. It get worse in areas of defective line amps and/or broken shields on cables strung on poles. Mostly open carriers, never audio. Just an idea...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.