• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
So I was picking up some traffic on 154.130 in my area (32 miles southeast of Sioux Falls). I hadn't noticed any traffic on that frequency in the past, so I looked it up. Curiously, Metro Communications in Sioux Falls is licensed for that frequency with a healthy 110 watts. But only one base is licensed. No repeater, no mobiles, according to the license info on the FCC database. Anybody know what this is used for? I know a while back I heard some covert ops on a VHF analog frequency, which I was eventually able to ascertain was a multi-jurisdictional apprehension team from Sioux Falls and the surrounding area. What I DON'T remember is if this was the same frequency.