154.340 in data base question kershaw county

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

I have been monitoring this frequency 154.34000 WNDE921 BM Kershaw Co. FD FM for some time now here in kershaw county and noticed that it is a fire frequency but not for kershaw county its for another county I suspect cause they toned out station 19 which is the station I am on but it was not our station 19 , they toned out any ideas as to what this is being used for and what agency is using it cause it's not Kershaw county ????

lugoffman

Now I here this frequency being used to tone out a fire department in wedgefield which is in sumpter county. So I think someone summited this frequency into the data base as a kershaw frequency mistaking it for a sumpter fire frequency

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> Cool thanks we need some one to change the frequency 154.3400 thats in the data base for kershaw county fire to city of sumpter

Kershaw County did have a license for 154.340 ... but it expired in 2002.

Quite often, neighboring counties will maintain a license for each others' primary channel. If not the county, sometimes a neighboring FD will be licensed for the adjoining county if it handles alot of mutual aid calls in that county.

lugoffman

>> Cool thanks we need some one to change the frequency 154.3400 thats in the data base for kershaw county fire to city of sumpter

Kershaw County did have a license for 154.340 ... but it expired in 2002.

Quite often, neighboring counties will maintain a license for each others' primary channel. If not the county, sometimes a neighboring FD will be licensed for the adjoining county if it handles alot of mutual aid calls in that county.

I was getting ready to ask if they once had a license i know it is active a lot i had to lock it out cause it is so active i may unlock it or better yet put it in my old pro37 an listen to see who it is thats using it if anyone is interested in knowing

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> i may unlock it or better yet put it in my old pro37 an listen to see who it is thats using it if anyone is interested in knowing

Rather than the Pro 37, program it in the Pro 97. Set the mode to "PL," but don't enter a tone. Unless the department is Patrick - which uses a DPL of 205 - the Pro 97 will decode the PL tone so you can determine which department it is.

I presume you are hearing Sumter Co Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.