154.400 Salem Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Can someone clarify this 154.400 in Lincoln County is Fire 2, for the last two days I'm hearing it referred to as Salem Dispatch, anyone know what the deal is?
Thanks

kcoleman

Looks like you are in Oregon. Are you using the squelch tone of 516 DPL for 154.400? If not, I see that Marion County has a frequency of 154.415 that might be picked up without a tone code present.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Looks like you are in Oregon. Are you using the squelch tone of 516 DPL for 154.400? If not, I see that Marion County has a frequency of 154.415 that might be picked up without a tone code present.

That frequency in the DB, Marion County, 154.415 KCA840 expired in 2003.

Of course it is not unusual for agencies to take it upon themselves and use unlicensed frequencies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Willamette Valley Communications is in Salem, which handles a plethora of agencies for Marion, Polk, and Lincoln counties.

Areas Served

If the information is still up-to-date, Lincoln City should only have PD and North Lincoln Fire to dispatch, but as counties continue to look at cost-saving measures, I wouldn't be surprised if WVCC also dispatches for them now.

dkf435

That frequency in the DB, Marion County, 154.415 KCA840 expired in 2003.

Of course it is not unusual for agencies to take it upon themselves and use unlicensed frequencies.

Yes but other agencies are licensed for that frequency and IT IS BEING USED for south end fire dispatching each and every day and I am seeing over a DOZEN CURRENT licenses so I am not sure where you are getting unlicensed operation at.

While not living at the coast METCOM is taking over dispatching for a lot of agencies including some federal during off hours Lincoln county is now one of the ones listed as being dispatched by METCOM

David Kb7uns

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
There is a "thread" for Lincoln County on this list. You have to go back 1-2 months to get it, and it has all information about the changes in the county. METCOM dispatches for USFS Law Enforcement for Willamette Natl Forest and Suislaw Natl. Forest. 154.400 is the new Lincoln County "COUNTY FIRE OPS 2". There is also a Fire Ops 1 (Fire Dispatch Countywide , shared with Lincoln City/NLFR and Toledo 911 Dispatch, and WVCC 911 Regional/Salem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.