154.415 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5SIM

Premium Subscriber
I know this is used by Edina Fire and McLeod County fire departments for paging. I am getting tons of what sound like old fax tones as I drive around the metro on this frequency. I am using an FT 8800 with a standard antenna. I have the squelch all the way up. Any ideas on how to stop this issue?

JASII

Memory Capacity
Are they both carrier squelch now? I seem to recall 118.8 hZ back in the day for Edina, but I know some places now transmit pure carrier squelch. McLeod may have been 146.2 hZ, but I have been a long time since I tuned them in on that!

s

davef3138

Feed Provider
McLeod dropped their PL tone during the last year, that frequency is now simulcast across all of the paging sites.

I haven't heard the tones you're describing from Hutchinson.

-Dave

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you're getting some intermod? I have that issue with my 8800 in some spots in the metro, especially the midway area.

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
The sound you are hearing are P25 radios. If you have CCTSS available set it for 118.8 and it will block the P25 radios.
I hope this helps.
Frank

SCPD

QRT
It's not the P25 radios, but most likely intermod or some other RF crap overloading his radio. The problem has nothing to do with "P25" radios.

sfd119

I know 154.445 is a WISCOM designated freq for Wisconsin. Could be in use in a tower near the metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.