154.430 - Carroll County

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, just using a small handheld ham radio to scan some local analog stuff today and came across some EMS dispatch traffic that I didn’t recognize. It didn’t sound like anything local to my area. I’m in Wolfeboro, in Carroll County. According to radio reference, this freq in my county is for a small town FD, local ops. They don’t have their own dispatch or ambulance service. I heard and male and female dispatcher on the same channel dispatching two different EMS incidents. At almost the same time.

Any thoughts on what I might have been hearing? It was a little broken and I couldn’t make out the towns in the transmission.

Thanks guys! Just curious.

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
Might have been Southwest NH District Fire Mutual Aid, KCF-415. They have a large simulcast system in the southern part of the state with multiple mountaintop transmitters. I'd be surprised if you heard it on a handheld up there but it's not out of the question.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Might have been Southwest NH District Fire Mutual Aid, KCF-415. They have a large simulcast system in the southern part of the state with multiple mountaintop transmitters. I'd be surprised if you heard it on a handheld up there but it's not out of the question.

Thanks, could be. And it was only these couple of transmissions then nothing after that. So it’s possible it was a freak thing.

ecps92

Covers quite well North/South/East and West

Many of the Regional Dispatch Centers have pretty good Flame Thrower transmit sites.
159.9000 Lakes Region is heard 24/7 into Boston as it SWNHFMA on 154.4300
Hey guys, just using a small handheld ham radio to scan some local analog stuff today and came across some EMS dispatch traffic that I didn’t recognize. It didn’t sound like anything local to my area. I’m in Wolfeboro, in Carroll County. According to radio reference, this freq in my county is for a small town FD, local ops. They don’t have their own dispatch or ambulance service. I heard and male and female dispatcher on the same channel dispatching two different EMS incidents. At almost the same time.

Any thoughts on what I might have been hearing? It was a little broken and I couldn’t make out the towns in the transmission.

Thanks guys! Just curious.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
It was definitely SWNHFMA, I caught it again today, loud and clear. Swanzy FD was being dispatched. Pretty impressive to pick up on a small handheld in Wolfeboro.

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
It would be interesting to know which towers you're picking them up on. Most days, they test each tower separately - I think it's around 7:30am and/or 7:30pm. If you happen to catch that, post which one(s) you hear.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Will do. My house is on a hill about a mile from Lake Winnipesaukee and I can see the water with a clear view across the lake from the deck, which faces south / south west. So I’m not totally surprised I am getting some of this.

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, that's not too surprising then. From there, you're probably picking up at least Mount Sunapee.

wizardofid

I'm in Sanborville, NH (Carroll County) and frequency 154.430 is:
154.43000 WQI465B136.5 PLFreedom FDFreedom Fire Local OpsFMNFire-Tac
It is dispatched by the Ossipee Valley Mutual Aid Association (OVMAA).

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
is Carroll dispatching on that frequency or still a Local/Tac channel?

Never know when it's time to update my scanner Zones.

John M

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
With certain weather conditions, VHF signals can travel a great distance beyond normal transmitter range.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, circling back to this. Same frequency I heard FD dispatching a trailer fire. I swear they said it was in Gilford. I know it wasn’t Gilford in central NH.

The only other one I know of is Guilford, ME. Multiple other departments were dispatched but it was a broken transmission and I couldn’t make it out.

Any other thoughts? I would just assume it was Southwest NH if I didn’t hear Gilford.

Thanks guys.

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, circling back to this. Same frequency I heard FD dispatching a trailer fire. I swear they said it was in Gilford. I know it wasn’t Gilford in central NH.

The only other one I know of is Guilford, ME. Multiple other departments were dispatched but it was a broken transmission and I couldn’t make it out.

Any other thoughts? I would just assume it was Southwest NH if I didn’t hear Gilford.

Thanks guys.

It was Southwest. The call you were listening to was for Guilford, Vt.

Status
Not open for further replies.