154.540 also a school bus frequency in Union County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I know this frequency is used by the Golden Age Towers in Rahway, NJ. However, I notice now that school is in session, that it is also used by a school bus company (analog FM) They have mentioned schools in both Elizabeth and Linden so far, when base asks drivers what their location is. Therefore, I don't think it is just one single Board Of Ed, but some unlicensed FCC school bus company since there is no school bus company listed in the FCC DB under that frequency for Union County. I believe the closest one is N. Brunswick.

Analogrules

It seems 154.540 is being used by the Elizabeth Board of Ed school buses DCS 244. I have heard them mention School 5, School 27, and School 29 so far this afternoon. Just hoping to eventually hear a street name so I can add it to the DB. Nothing licensed for them in the FCC db, but most likely a James Potts radio lease.

Boss

154.540 DPL 244 is used by Villani bus co. in Linden located on east Linden ave.. .They recently got licensed for 152.3075 Fb2 and 152.3150 Fb so I think 154.54 will be by by soon

Analogrules

Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the info. I am assuming they are licensed under James Potts, since I don't see a license specifically for Villani in the FCC db. I guess we should hold off on submitting it to the RR db, until they switch to the 152 MHz frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.