Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

I'm curious to know what that actually is coming from the DTMF on that frequency. I hear it every where i go. I use that frequency on MURS from time to time im using PL to not hear it.

GearJammersc

Its not Walmart there on 154.570 near me its like I hear it everywhere I hear at my house on a base antenna about two or three different ones transmitting at different signals random burst of DTMF every 10-15 seconds. I can drive down the road various locations 20 or 30 miles away still hear it. I Stay near Columbia.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious to know what that actually is coming from the DTMF on that frequency. I hear it every where i go. I use that frequency on MURS from time to time im using PL to not hear it.
If you are hearing the DTMF, you can run it through a PC to decode the tones, though I don't know that the numbers would be of any assistance to figure out what it is.

MarkVee

Just a guess but could be someone with one of these. I use one for turning the burglar alarm and exterior lighting on/off for our polebarn.

GearJammersc

probably because there is a storage place near me across the street I don't remember hearing till they moved there I can hear full strength on my rubber duck antenna even with a attenuator on . Oh well I guess I just live with it I hear construction people on that frequency and Walmart in certain areas talking on it the dtmf wipes them out sometimes .

bill4long

I'm curious to know what that actually is coming from the DTMF on that frequency. I Hear it every where i go. I use that frequency on MURS from time to time im using PL to not hear it.

What kind of range are you talking about here? A couple blocks? A mile? Ten miles?

nd5y

Also what kind of radio are you hearing it on? If it's something like a Baofeng or scanner it could be interference that is actually on another frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.