154.77 - Thp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyB

I'm hearing traffic on 154.77 MHz this morning. The tone is 131.8 Hz and it sounds like an aircraft police unit of some sort. I'm only hearing one side of the conversation (the aircraft side). There is a statewide listing of 154.77 for mobile use, so more than likely this is one of THP's choppers. The context of the radio traffic is difficult to understand but it doesn't appear to be a speed trap like some states do using aircraft. I'm hearing this from about 20 miles west of Nashville. Anyone else hearing this?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
RandyB said:
I'm hearing traffic on 154.77 MHz this morning. The tone is 131.8 Hz and it sounds like an aircraft police unit of some sort. I'm only hearing one side of the conversation (the aircraft side). There is a statewide listing of 154.77 for mobile use, so more than likely this is one of THP's choppers. The context of the radio traffic is difficult to understand but it doesn't appear to be a speed trap like some states do using aircraft. I'm hearing this from about 20 miles west of Nashville. Anyone else hearing this?

Yes, that is a car-to-car VHF frequency that THP uses and also when communicating with the THP helicopter when looking for marijuana patches.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
They will probably crank up in southern Middle TN soon. I hear the pot choppers each year from my location in northwest Alabama.

154.770 is also the AL ABC Enforcement frequency and is used in MS for DOT Law Enforcement car to car. It's never locked out in my tri state (AL-TN- MS) scanning bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.