154.905 CHP Extenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
Has anyone heard 154.905 recently? CHP has retired its last Crown Vics, so theoretically everything should have the new 700 MHz extenders now...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I don't recall exactly where I was at the time, but was actually little shocked to hear something there.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I haven't listened for it in a long time, and I suspect they have moved everything to 700.

However, VHF frequencies can be hard to come by in the more populace parts of the state, and they'll never give up a statewide channel like that. Will be interesting to see what they do with it. Looking at the two licenses in the state that have it, one shows 120 watts for temporary fixed base use, and the other has two entries for MO (110 watts) and MO3 (300mw) use. Keeping it as an interoperability channel, or for simple car to car/portable to portable use would make some sense. Resources like that are hard to come by now.

officer_415

Database Admin
I just came across some information that the VHF extenders were all decommissioned by the end of 2018, and the frequencies were retained for use by their Special Investigation Units statewide.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I just came across some information that the VHF extenders were all decommissioned by the end of 2018, and the frequencies were retained for use by their Special Investigation Units statewide.

That makes sense.

Licenses still show analog FM. Will be interesting to see if they switch them to something a bit more encryption friendly down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.