154.9425 P25 DPS Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here in San Antonio I'm catching a DPS Dispatcher who seems to be simulcasting on 154.9425 in APCO-25 Mode.

Anyone know why they are doing this? A test maybe related to the earlier post about the Motorola Car?

TXEMT

I picked up some traffic on 159.0975 yesterday, did not catch the NAC but it was DPS Narc ops....same unit numbers and set-up they use to use on the old 159.090. First time in a good while I have heard anything used on that channel, it was repeater for general conversatiion then they went to simple when they said "go to direct". Maybe it had something to do with the dispatcher on 154.9425, also that freq is close to the TABC Repeater freq input here in SA, maybe that could be it to.

DPS8504

I picked up some traffic on 159.0975 yesterday, did not catch the NAC but it was DPS Narc ops....same unit numbers and set-up they use to use on the old 159.090. First time in a good while I have heard anything used on that channel, it was repeater for general conversatiion then they went to simple when they said "go to direct". Maybe it had something to do with the dispatcher on 154.9425, also that freq is close to the TABC Repeater freq input here in SA, maybe that could be it to.

Those frequencies are now being used as a vehicle repeater. Others are in operation at Decatur, Sulphur Springs, and Texas City area. This is part of the digital conversion and channel expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.