155.055 I-reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepid97

They are busy today here in Illinois on I-REACH 155.055 doing air speed checks.

I am about 50 miles NE of St.Louis and the plane is coming in clear,Not sure which District they are working though as I hear the plane only which means it could be quite a distance from here. :)

Last edited:

JeffTurner

intrepid97 said:
They are busy today here in Illinois on I-REACH 155.055 doing air speed checks.

I am about 50 miles NE of St.Louis and the plane is coming in clear,Not sure which District they are working though as I hear the plane only which means it could be quite a distance from here. :)

Another question is with Star 21 coming on line, does State just cross patch thru dispatch in order to coordinate with other agencies for events? Like chases and stuff like that?

K0ATC

Those air speed checks are the ISP right out of the Base, they set up a hanger there a couple years ago, maybe less. They also hunt for crop when that time comes around, they find tons of it.....literally! Listen for them to take off out of Scott AFB, the call will end with SP as in N515SP for state police. Write them down as they do not change, there is only one at scott, sorry i cant remember it off hand. I will be N???SP. They cover a large area for the speed checks. They will also be active in chases, there was a shooting of a store owner in belleville a little over a year ago and they were up for that, on IREACH and maybe Point to Point.

timmer

155.055 busy again today (Sunday). A speeding detail was being conducted near Williamsville on I-55. Many, many, speeders got tickets between 12 and 4pm. Never heard one speed under 75mph read out. Had many in the 78-85 range and a handfull above 90.Might have been Secretary of State Police. All units were "Mary" and a number. Even got one person with speeding and open alcohol. Guess some will never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.