155.070 went anyway to know if they went full encoded

markinnh03451

HI,

Finally got the channels decoding by taking threshold off auto, was fine tuning where I wanted the system threshold setting and now have gone mostly silent

any help or input is always appreciated

Best
Mark

ecps92

Who/Whom are you attempting to listen to ???
and what PL/DPL or NAC do you have set ?
HI,

Finally got the channels decoding by taking threshold off auto, was fine tuning where I wanted the system threshold setting and now have gone mostly silent

any help or input is always appreciated

Best
Mark

markinnh03451

ecps92,

Thanks for your reply. I spent 20 years in Cheshire County and now live in Windsor County VT. Its a long way away. I want to listen to 155.070 its in scanner as N 117 P25. I was not able to hear them at all until I changed P25 threshold from Auto to level 6 now. I have heard more activity than I do now, but was not keeping track of my adjustments well enough, which has improved.

I have had 2 hits logged this morning lasting about 1 second, prolly just a squelch break....I know they have encoding ability...dont know just looking for feedback. There are some other scanner wide p25 adjustments I can make,but trying to slow down and document save b4 changes ect. Im scanning with a 996p2.

Best
Mark

ecps92

You don't mention if using the stock antenna or an external, but being that far away you maybe better with
a. External Antenna and good coax
b. See if RR has a feed on-line to provide better monitoring

ecps92,

Thanks for your reply. I spent 20 years in Cheshire County and now live in Windsor County VT. Its a long way away. I want to listen to 155.070 its in scanner as N 117 P25. I was not able to hear them at all until I changed P25 threshold from Auto to level 6 now. I have heard more activity than I do now, but was not keeping track of my adjustments well enough, which has improved.

I have had 2 hits logged this morning lasting about 1 second, prolly just a squelch break....I know they have encoding ability...dont know just looking for feedback. There are some other scanner wide p25 adjustments I can make,but trying to slow down and document save b4 changes ect. Im scanning with a 996p2.

Best
Mark

markinnh03451

ecps92

Yhanks for your reply.

I am using a adapted radio shack (i think) center loaded antenna with a motorola jack into a bnc female...looking for a better back of set with a mid coil bnc but not finding anything so far. But thats for a different forum.

I have looked into an install guy to put up an antenna for me and the guy wants 550 just to show up.

I am now a disabled guy on a fixed income so 500 seems high to put up 150 bucks worth of hardware.

So yeah, a better antenna is a give in.

Best
Mark

markinnh03451

GTR000,

Indeed encrypted! Oooops You should see what I can do with communicating about Medicaid vs Medicare why they named em so similar is beyond me. Even the helper orgs and insurance customer service reps get it mixed up!

But, thanks for the correction.

I did change the audio type to all for a while with no results...maybe they are just having no activity on this holiday weekend? (unlikely)

Best

Mark

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FYI the 996P2 will display ENC when receiving encrypted P25 transmissions.

KB1VLA

Hi ALL

Does anyone listen to 155.070 Cheshire Sheriffs? Wondering if they are still broadcasting un encrypted or?

Best
Mark
As was stated in the other thread, Cheshire County is using a simulcast system on 155.070. You are probably experiencing simulcast distortion, there are many threads on these forums about it. Some common tips to improve your reception are using the attenuator in your scanner, or slightly moving your antenna until you find a 'sweet spot' to get a good decode.

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Hi ALL

Does anyone listen to 155.070 Cheshire Sheriffs? Wondering if they are still broadcasting un encrypted or?

Best
Mark
I just got back from Chester, VT and I was listening all weekend to the Cheshire County Sheriff on my SDS100 with no issues. The signal was a little weak where I was but I heard them. The Sullivan County Sheriff on the other hand was silent

markinnh03451

licpl8man,

thanks for the reply, i moved the scanner from its parking spot and can get 155.070 weakly. i ordered a new back of set and will find another nesting place for the scanner until save enough to install a rooftop discone or sunptin.

best

mark

twl911

I've had no issue hearing Cheshire Co from Bellows Falls, VT. No recent changes in Frequency or NAC. I do however use public safety grade equipment.

markinnh03451

twl911,

This issue has been solved and it totally a distance/reception problem. I also have found and identified an interference issue in my house. One of which is a 3 way led lamp next to the scanner. When that light is on, I do not recieve 155.070 at all....not sure yet why..

Thanks for all your replies

best

Mark