155.235 DPL 245 - Capital District area

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

On Tuesday 7-22-14 I was doing some searching and hit on this.

155.235 MHz. DPL 245

The base station was AirComm and they were talking with Lifenet 71 regarding a mission to Warren County, giving coordinates and ground frequency. I was in Latham at the time, and both the base station and helicopter were weak (signal level 2 on my BC898T; MON-31 mobile antenna).

I know about DPL 432 for dispatch out of Albany and that signal is typically very strong in the Latham area. To me, this sounded like a distant remote base station based on the signal strength.

A 50 mile search of 155.235 only shows the two transmitters for Albany Med Flight; one is located at AMCH and the other is at South Albany airport. The other 155.235 licenses are not affiliated with AirComm or Albany Med Flight (mostly schools, ski patrol and ambulance services).

I was looking to see if anyone had additional information on this channel; especially if this is a 'new' dispatch or remote base frequency, possibly for the Warren / Washington County area? Or, if the base station at South Albany Airport uses a different DPL than the one at AMCH.

On a side note, I've noticed a lower power repeater on 159.150 MHz. (CSQ) which seems to be repeating the AirComm traffic on 155.235 MHz. DPL 432. The times I've heard this station I was in the vicinity of the Albany International Airport. Not sure, but it might be a repeater used at the NYSP Aviation hangar to better monitor AirComm? 159.150 MHz. is licensed to the NYSP and if my memory is correct it's mostly mobile use.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

onsceno

So basically LifeNet 7-1 and 7-2 are physically dispatched on their own frequencies and DPL's but when in the air, coordinate with AirCom on the 245 DPL.

D

DaveNF2G

Evidently there is a remote base closer to Glen (where Lifenet 7-2 is based) that uses the other DPL code.

onsceno

Side note, this site is in fact in Selkirk, NY in Albany county and hailed as "Selkirk Tower" by units and Aircom.

D

DaveNF2G

I wonder if they put it at South Albany Airport because that is where they refuel the helicopters.

Andrew402

In Wash/Warren Countys I can pick up Lifenet 7-1 and Base with 3-4 bars on my Pro-197.

joeuser

The Wretched
Curious, my old stomping grounds was out there. Salem, Schuylerrville (hah, cant even spell it anymore), Saratoga, Ballston Spa - before I moved to Scotia & Schenectady... I was just going through my old scanning notes & paperwork from late 80's. Have these areas moved off VHF? Are they using trunked, digital, etc? Dang, now I'm thinking about the Washington County Fair & Greenwich Pizza... AND STEWARTS....

Andrew402

I also here Mohawk Ambulance very very well, 4-5 Bars on my PRO-197. Do they use a repeater now or what?

D

DaveNF2G

Curious, my old stomping grounds was out there. Salem, Schuylerrville (hah, cant even spell it anymore), Saratoga, Ballston Spa - before I moved to Scotia & Schenectady... I was just going through my old scanning notes & paperwork from late 80's. Have these areas moved off VHF? Are they using trunked, digital, etc? Dang, now I'm thinking about the Washington County Fair & Greenwich Pizza... AND STEWARTS....

OT for this thread, but Saratoga County is now using 800 MHz P25 simulcast trunking, although some agencies are still on UHF and VHF as well.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Mohawk Ambulance is still simplex on both 155.235 and 154.055 DCS 364. Originally 154.055 was a repeater but for whatever reason the repeater was taken off-line and the channel converted to simplex.

A friend of mine at MAS says the company is planning on a new communications system, but could not give me any additional information on it. A 'gut' feeling leans me towards UHF DMR but it's JUST a hunch; no actual information states that (but comm shops are pushing DMR or NEXGEN to their business customers a lot).

onsceno

Yes.. to clarify a few things...

LifeNet 7-1 is no longer at Albany Med as previously mentioned. They are based out of 4B0 aka South Albany Airport in Fuera Bush, NY. They get dispatched on 155.235 D432. Their parking and fueling is all completed at this base by default.

LifeNet 7-2 is still up in Glen, NY and dispatched on 155.265 D743.

Coordination and comm's thru AirCom are off the Selkirk Tower on 155.235 D245 when in the Albany MC area.

onsceno

I don't remember what I saw on 7-1's radio that day, but ATC is different stuff from Aircom anyways. According to Airnav, 122.9 is still operational.

D

DaveNF2G

122.9 is current. S Albany was assigned 123.0 for a while and sometimes pilots will call there.

Status
Not open for further replies.