155.2575 d731

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopranosno1

Picking up here in west central ohio, see nothing listed for ohio. Anyone near eastern indiana hearing this? I did hear someone say im near greenville. Im assuming ohio. Just caught this today. So far sounds like farmers talking about chickens. Also it must be a new channel for who ever because they keep talking about how well can you hear me

Hans13

Just curious
What are you transmitting on/with?

Not sure what this frequency falls under, as far as License goes?

He did not indicate that he transmitted. He is apparently listening.

W8WCA

" Also it must be a new channel for who ever because they keep talking about how well can you hear me "

I probably miss read that!

Hans13

" Also it must be a new channel for who ever because they keep talking about how well can you hear me "

Yep. Most likely. Stuff like that happens often enough to me too. :cool:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Most likely. Stuff like that happens often enough to me too. :cool:

Not really, he miss wrote. He should have wrote:
Also it must be a new channel for whoever because they keep talking about how well can you hear them, or similar.

Or better:
Also it must be a new channel for whoever because they keep saying "How well can you hear me?"

(my English is usually far worse)

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
No licensees on that frequency in Ohio. Two in Indiana.

West Baden Springs Fire Department, Orange County
155.2575 MHz is a mobile input for a repeater on 159.2925 MHz. Call sign WQJP-358

Topeka Fire Department, Lagrange County
155.2575 MHz is a repeater output. Call sign KFO-917

My money is on Topeka FD.

Hope this helps.

sopranosno1

They were saying how well can you hear me talking between the users on 155.2575. there were 4-5 users talking and doing test counts.searching the vhf hiband nothing out of the ordinary popped up. No skip or out of the area hi band. For me getting a vhf repeater it has to be somewhat close. I can hear the old lima pd channel, brookville fire paging, union city st department, we can also hear 158.880 Randolph county. winchester area in indy. it has to be a border city in indiana or western ohio near indy state line. One of them was in the greenville area. Every so often i will search the vhf hiband and never heard it before. W8uu, if topeka fire is active are they using d731 for tone?? After looking at a indy map the two counties are way to far away to be this user.

west-pac

No licensees on that frequency in Ohio. Two in Indiana.

West Baden Springs Fire Department, Orange County
155.2575 MHz is a mobile input for a repeater on 159.2925 MHz. Call sign WQJP-358

Topeka Fire Department, Lagrange County
155.2575 MHz is a repeater output. Call sign KFO-917

My money is on Topeka FD.

Hope this helps.

Why is it when I use the RR homepage, and search 155.2575 for Indiana, I only see Topeka; but if I search 159.2975 and bring up the Orange county license I see 155.2575 as their input freq? Is that the difference between a paid, and unpaid RR member?

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Why is it when I use the RR homepage, and search 155.2575 for Indiana, I only see Topeka; but if I search 159.2975 and bring up the Orange county license I see 155.2575 as their input freq? Is that the difference between a paid, and unpaid RR member?

Yes, inputs and outputs are available to paid members.

I use the FCC database because it shows pending licenses, too.

It's free at: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/engineering_search.cfm?accessible=NO&wild_select=on

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
They were saying how well can you hear me talking between the users on 155.2575. there were 4-5 users talking and doing test counts.searching the vhf hiband nothing out of the ordinary popped up. No skip or out of the area hi band. For me getting a vhf repeater it has to be somewhat close. I can hear the old lima pd channel, brookville fire paging, union city st department, we can also hear 158.880 Randolph county. winchester area in indy. it has to be a border city in indiana or western ohio near indy state line. One of them was in the greenville area. Every so often i will search the vhf hiband and never heard it before. W8uu, if topeka fire is active are they using d731 for tone?? After looking at a indy map the two counties are way to far away to be this user.

You might have found someone using the frequency illegally. 155.2575 MHz is a public safety frequency, so its unlikely you'd hear farmers there, unless there happens to be a government agricultural facility in your area. If you're close enough to monitor Randolph County Indiana, then neither of the aforementioned licensees are in your area. There are no pending license applications in OH or IN for 155.2575.

Here's a nationwide list of current and pending FCC licenses for 155.2575: (just click the link)

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/engineering_search_out.cfm?service_select=Select&SVC_LP=LP&service_selectLP=%25&accessible=NO&state_select=&begin_freq=155.2575&begin_freq_type=M&end_freq=&end_freq_type=M&polar=B&radio_ch0=P&lat_ddd=&lat_ddd_cfforminteger=Latitude+degrees+must+be+numeric.&lat_mm=&lat_mm_cfforminteger=Latitude+minutes+must+be+numeric.&lat_ss=&lat_ss_cfformnumeric=Latitude+Seconds+must+be+numeric.&ns_radio_ch1=N&lon_ddd=&lon_ddd_cfforminteger=Longitude+degrees+must+be+numeric.&lon_mm=&lon_mm_cfforminteger=Longitude+minutes+must+be+numeric.&lon_ss=&lon_SS_cfformnumeric=Longitude+seconds+must+be+numeric.&ew_radio_ch1=W&radius=&Radius_cfformnumeric=Radius+must+be+numeric.&distance_type=&lat_ddd2=&lat_mm2=&lat_ss2=&ns_radio_ch2=&lon_ddd2=&lon_mm2=&lon_ss2=&ew_radio_ch2=&soundex_select=&wild_select=on&begin_grant_date=&end_grant_date=&begin_expiration_date=&end_expiration_date=&sortstring=%2C+callsign%2C+lic_name&limit_select=4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.