155.34 is dead in Boston Mass area - 155.28 also

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
155.34 is dead in the Boston area - just hear 1 New Hampshire hospital way off in distance taking patient reports sometimes - sounds like Concord Hospital

come to think of it - 155.28 in the Boston area seems to be totally dead also

and I checked 155.04 recently - not a peep heard - was BEMS paging many moons ago iirc

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Hello,

I remember listening to the HEAR channels years ago. Currently Massachusetts uses the UHF Med channels.

Massachusetts EMS Regions.

Massachusetts EMS Communications Plan

73 Eric
I have 20 ambulance an 20 Hospital frequencies in my 15X and there pretty much busy even down in New Bedford at night I receive Boston activity on channel 10 ambulance and hospital sides.
with all these loaded you get all state activity.

Reading this report I didnt know the National UHF med channels - Ill load those in and see whos on
Thanks for the Post Eric !

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
155.280 was used for hospital to hospital disaster communications, but I don't know if it still is. The VHF channels are still used in western MA. When the CMED system was built in the late 1970s many services started to migrate off of VHF. To the best of my knowledge there is no use of 155.340 in the Boston area and hasn't been for about 25 years.

All ambulances in MA have to have a UHF CMED radio. The document you link to has all sorts of details on how the system is designed to work.

Some services use cell phones installed in the ambulances for notifications, at least as a back up.

Hello,

I remember listening to the HEAR channels years ago. Currently Massachusetts uses the UHF Med channels.

Massachusetts EMS Regions.

Massachusetts EMS Communications Plan

73 Eric

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
All ambulances in MA have to have a UHF CMED radio. The document you link to has all sorts of details on how the system is designed to work.

Some services use cell phones installed in the ambulances for notifications, at least as a back up.
Hello,

Several years ago I bought a used UHF XPR4550 radio. It was analog only and had the statewide CMED channel plan in the codeplug. I was able to upgrade it to full analog/DMR.

73 Eric

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
As Gary stated, the state has mandated all ambulances to be capable of the UHF MED channels, as well as having the PL for all Regions programmed in. This effectively deprecated the HEAR system. In the Boston area, 155.115 was established for disaster communications and coordination with the hospitals and BAMA was established for coordination between ambulance companies.

Boston EMS has moved to a web based notification system and no longer uses the paging network.

ecps92

And no longer has to fight with the Bus Co on 280, during a Disaster Net Roll Call :)
As Gary stated, the state has mandated all ambulances to be capable of the UHF MED channels, as well as having the PL for all Regions programmed in. This effectively deprecated the HEAR system. In the Boston area, 155.115 was established for disaster communications and coordination with the hospitals and BAMA was established for coordination between ambulance companies.

Boston EMS has moved to a web based notification system and no longer uses the paging network.

garys

Premium Subscriber
No more 1995 state of the art text pagers Ed?

Were we still using MEMCOM mobiles when you started?

garys

Premium Subscriber
We can't say we didn't get our moneys worth out of that VHF paging system. Repurposing the paging sites and that frequency for the disaster net is a good idea too.

Status
Not open for further replies.