Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything on 155.370 (TX Law 2 / Intercity for us old guys) in years. This morning Dallas DPS simulcast a wanted broadcast on their channel and 155.370. Anyone else been noticing any traffic here?

Mike

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I still catch both San Antonio and Austin Comm Centers giving broadcasts. Mostly Officer Safety Warnings and weather warnings.

SCPD

QRT
I haven't heard anything on 155.370 (TX Law 2 / Intercity for us old guys) in years. This morning Dallas DPS simulcast a wanted broadcast on their channel and 155.370. Anyone else been noticing any traffic here?

Mike

DPS Waco uses the SH&T Out of it. Mostly for Simulcasting Wanted info. Mike, are you catching the Digital Traffic on Law-1 (154.9500) up here? I think its Grayson SO, but I never can log a NAC when they use it.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Mike, are you catching the Digital Traffic on Law-1 (154.9500) up here? I think its Grayson SO, but I never can log a NAC when they use it.

Max,
I used to think someone around San Antonio was trying to use Texas Law 1 in P25. San Antonio Comm Centers transmitter seems to be a little off on the input side to Repeater 21 (input: 154.9425MHz), and I always break squelch with a weak digital signal on Texas Law 1. I used to think it was someone trying to use it in digital but my PSR500 could never decode it. I figured it out one day when my PSR500 was parked on the Repeater 21 output (159.0975MHz) and the amateur radio I installed was parked on Texas Law 1. Everytime dispatch keyed up, my Yaesu would make the digital humming noise on Texas Law 1, while the 500 passed perfect digital audio. Once the repeater dropped, so did the garbage digital noise on Texas Law 1. Could this be what you're experiencing?

I wouldn't put it past some to be using Texas Law 1 in P25 though...

nd5y

Same thing up here. Max is probably hearing the Wichita Falls DPS office's tower in Clay Co. on the input of the Decatur repeater which is also on 154.9425.

SCPD

QRT
Tom, texasemt - Thanks that's prolly whats going on. I mean I have Law-1 programed for NAC search as well as analog CSQ and have paused it during a transmission but still didn't ID a NAC. And since it comes in when the Skip is better I'd be inclined not to believe what both of you are saying.

But yeah, these yoyo deputies up here do stuff which makes no sense at all so I can't fully rule out the use of P25 on TL1. Ha, they were on TL3 the other night in CSQ mode (No CTCSS tones what-so-ever) so anything's possible here in the Second most Poverty stricken county in Texas.

Thanks Guys!

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
DPS Waco uses the SH&T Out of it. Mostly for Simulcasting Wanted info. Mike, are you catching the Digital Traffic on Law-1 (154.9500) up here? I think its Grayson SO, but I never can log a NAC when they use it.

Max,

I think those guys are right about Wichita Falls causing the problem. I notice it more with interference on 155.475 from their 155.4675 tranmissions rather than on TX Law 1 for some reason, although I have had some 154.950 bleedover as well. A few days a month they come blasting in when conditions are right.

The only traffic I hear on 154.950 analog nowdays is Princeton PD even though they have their own TGRP on the Collin Co system.

davidbond21

Max

The next time you're hearing P25 voice on TX Law 1, try bumping the frequency up like 2.5kHz and seeing if you'll get a NAC decode then.

SCPD

QRT
david - will try that.

Mike - Yeah Collin Co. can't charge Princeton to use 154.9500 like they try to on the TRS.

avf - it still is, kinda. Mostly now used for Bolo's but every now and then you'll hear it as PD Mutual aid. Most of that is being replaced by V-Call.

Status
Not open for further replies.