155.43 in Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything on 155.43 for years, except some tone noise last week which I associated with some random noise generation so prevalent in the city. It was nothing close to a digital signal but was steady and was near a store/gasoline store that generate a lot of QRM on various frequencies. So I wouldn't think there is anything in the Calgary area on this frequency as was pointed out that it has been an RCMP frequency.

Encouraging proper use of two way radio spectrum including CB.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber

I have not heard anything on 155.43 for years, except some tone noise last week which I associated with some random noise generation so prevalent in the city. It was nothing close to a digital signal but was steady and was near a store/gasoline store that generate a lot of QRM on various frequencies. So I wouldn't think there is anything in the Calgary area on this frequency as was pointed out that it has been an RCMP frequency.

Encouraging proper use of two way radio spectrum including CB.

Last I heard there still was a Cord 1 tower in Calgary but almost all use is DES and not clear. Cord 2 the Simplex channel of the same frequency is also active in Edmonton but mostly DES. Here it is used for motorcades in the clear and Outlaw Motorcycle Gang surveillance in the summer. If you do use the PL tone you will not hear the DES static just the clear voice stuff. Also believe there are a number of voting receivers in both Edmonton and Calgary. Cord 2 can be used anywhere.

SCPD

QRT
Cord 1 was tested in Grande Prairie about 6-9 months ago. Might not hear much but it still exists.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.