155.475 (National Interop Frequency) Being Used In NYC today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Today I caught a few transmissions that sounded like NYPD on 155.475. I heard Rockaway Beach Blvd mentioned and Avenue J also mentioned. It sounded like typical police chatter so I find it strange they were using the National Interop Channel. I didn't catch a PL, think it was CSQ, but very strong signal here in Jersey. So, for those who like to monitor police out in Brooklyn, definitely a frequency to have in your scanner right now.

Darkstar350

I have actually been picking it up as 155.4825(which happens to be another national interop channel also) for the past couple days
Seems to be a simulcast of one of the citywide channels...

Analogrules

Wow, very strange. I always keep 155.475 in my scanner, but I guess it could be splashing over from 155.4825.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Today I caught a few transmissions that sounded like NYPD on 155.475. I heard Rockaway Beach Blvd mentioned and Avenue J also mentioned. It sounded like typical police chatter so I find it strange they were using the National Interop Channel. I didn't catch a PL, think it was CSQ, but very strong signal here in Jersey. So, for those who like to monitor police out in Brooklyn, definitely a frequency to have in your scanner right now.

I believe this is also NJ SPEN 2, I've been hearing NYPD Citywide 3 on it almost every night after midnight.
EDIT: It is SPEN 2.

Last edited:

Analogrules

N2SVC, you are correct. This is why I came across it in the first place. I always keep the NJ SPEN channels in my scanner and this is the first time I ever heard this frequency active. I am not sure if the exact frequency is .475 or .4825 but I just find it strange Citywide suddenly started simulcasting here.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I believe this is also NJ SPEN 2, I've been hearing NYPD Citywide 3 on it almost every night after midnight.
EDIT: It is SPEN 2.

It's been a couple years now, usually during major events or dignitary visits, that SPEN-2 and NJ StateCom have simulcasted the appropriate NYPD Citywide channel for the duration thereof in the interest of simplistic interop.

Analogrules

Cool. Now that I got rid of the BCD436 and not scanning NJICS and other Trunked systems, I am picking up a lot more analog now that I have been missing out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.