155.49mhz Penobscot County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorndike113

For the past day or so, I keep getting P25 digital coming over 155.49. I have this frequency programmed into a BC340CRS scanner. I plugged 155.49 into my SDR software and monitored it with DSD fastlane. It is confirmed P25. It actually comes in over the Sheriff Dispatch and there is some talking that I pick up but being too far out of range and having Penobscot SO coming in over it, I am unable to copy clear transmissions. I was able to get a few seconds of some talking at one point. Female dispatcher acknowledging what sounded to be law enforcement. This site as usual doesnt have any up to date stuff concerning the other departments in the state that are on 155.49mhz. The following info is what I was able to obtain from my software:

155.49mhz - NAC 117 - Talkgroup 1 - RID 110007
155.49mhz - NAC 117 - Talkgroup 1 - RID 1001

If I happen to hear anything else, I will update.

***UPDATE***
RID
110002- unit 393

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Oh boy, Its Ducting time. Thanks for the info. I almost decided to entertain the idea of out of state agencies but being down in the RF toilet bowl village of Thorndike, ME I really didn't think it was possible to receive that far away.
You'd be surprised how well ducting can get into some areas. Bowl or not.

ecps92

And depending on the elongation of the path, you maybe able to "assume" a North/South or East/West direction to concentrate your thinking of who/what it maybe.
Thank you for that site. I had no idea they had anything like that. Its very helpful, especially for the next time I hear weird things coming across my scanner.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Thank you for that site. I had no idea they had anything like that. Its very helpful, especially for the next time I hear weird things coming across my scanner.
One thing of note, when you see a orange or red blob, it's easy to get excited, but only one single one, is usually sign of an error and not an actual sign conditions are up. You want to see several of them, clustered together. Reds especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.