155.595 Illegal tac freq for IMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

I found 155.595 being used as a Illegal tac freq for IMPD .It was being used during the "500Speedway Parade" on 5-24-08.Heard two officers taking amoung themselves talking about a woman who "Had 5 kids and she was pregnant again" They were also making comments about the general public as well.I heard this around 1:25PM on Sat Afternnon after the parade was over downtown.

kg9qm

You don't provide details, but 155.595 is and has for many years been assigned to/used by ISP. Highly likely it was ISP or specifically the Capitol Police detail or radios were assigned to the event by ISP.

But the quoted traffic doesn't seem to have been following proper operating procedures unless there was a medical issue being dealt with, perhaps.

JoeyC

W9NES said:
I found 155.595 being used as a Illegal tac freq for IMPD .It was being used during the "500Speedway Parade" on 5-24-08.Heard two officers taking amoung themselves talking about a woman who "Had 5 kids and she was pregnant again" They were also making comments about the general public as well.I heard this around 1:25PM on Sat Afternnon after the parade was over downtown.

Read: NOBODY CARES.

W9NES

Gentelmen,this was IMPD that I was monitoring not ISP, Not Capitol Police.And by the way people do care.They are again using illegal radio channels without a valid license.I have reasearched this infomation and there are no licensed issued to IMPD,ISP, IPD OR Marion Co. Sheriff Department.This was Law Enforcement traffic that I was hearing not medical.I do care and again they are using"Illegal radio channels" they cannot do this according to current FCC rules and regulations dealing with Public Safety .

kg9qm

W9NES said:
Gentelmen,this was IMPD that I was monitoring not ISP, Not Capitol Police.And by the way people do care.They are again using illegal radio channels without a valid license.I have reasearched this infomation and there are no licensed issued to IMPD,ISP, IPD OR Marion Co. Sheriff Department.This was Law Enforcement traffic that I was hearing not medical.I do care and again they are using"Illegal radio channels" they cannot do this according to current FCC rules and regulations dealing with Public Safety .

You are sending a recording of this, and written report, to the WTB, right?

jerk

W9NES said:
Let's see, police cars off duty can't park in no parking zones... but they do
Police cars can't speed off duty and with family members... but they do
Police radios should not be used illegally... but they are...

Really! Like someone else said, nobody really cares here. Plus it is not the proper place for correcting the alleged illegality, even if you are correct. I'm sure you would be complaining if you heard this type of traffic on FRS.

Most people would just keep their mouth shut, program their scanner, and search for more frequencies and then listen.

They can't do that it's illegal, immoral, wrong... sorry stuff like that happens every day. File a complaint with their bosses if it upsets you that much. But please don't tell them you're a ham radio operator, please, in my opinion it makes the good ones look bad.

jerk

kg9qm said:
You are sending a recording of this, and written report, to the WTB, right?
This was hashed out in a few previous threads... You may want to do a search to read up on them. I believe all the previous ones are closed and locked now.

Just search for illegal radio use by police.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Before this thread is closed post a frequency list. Might be good listening this weekend. Send everything you got.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
swstow said:
yea but who do you call when that bad guy kicks in your door

THE POLICE
Quote:

Let's see, police cars off duty can't park in no parking zones... but they do
Police cars can't speed off duty and with family members... but they do
Police radios should not be used illegally... but they are

OK ITS BACKWARDS BUT I THINK MY POINT IS MADE

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Geez, not this again..Stop posting these threads...I know I already told you this once...

Status
Not open for further replies.