155.595 Mhz in Monmouth County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how this freq is being used in Monmouth Co.? The DB only lists Avon PD.

However, I'm almost certain that I heard Neptune PD making responses on it, as well as Monmouth Co. dispatch.

TY
JM

DJ88

It's Avon Police, with DPL 632. Monmouth County recently took over dispatching for the borough.

Avon had a fire call a few nights ago and county called a PD unit to respond, on the County Car Channel, and the unit called in 10-9 on that frequency but today I heard county dispatch a unit for a welfare check on their PD frequency, and heard both county and the unit on that channel. I don't know whether the use of the County Car Channel was a temporary thing or exactly what's going on. I'll keep listening and hopefully come up with something concrete.

Also, yesterday Neptune City units (35-XX) were testing on it, but I think that may be that Neptune City has comms on that channel being that they are neighboring towns.

BTW, that's also the Matawan PD talk around frequency with 151.4 PL, but you were hearing Avon.

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
It's Avon Police, with DPL 632. Monmouth County recently took over dispatching for the borough.

I thought that that was the case, but after my initial post here I heard the dispatcher direct cars to different assignments on Rt 33 (Pittenger Plaza) and Rt 35 (a used auto dealer.)

The frequency isn't terribly active though.

DJ88

Pittenger Plaza is in Neptune City and Rt. 35 runs through Neptune City also, and Neptune Twp. dispatches Neptune City, but they were dispatching them on the Neptune City frequencies. I'll keep an ear out and see what I hear and on what frequencies.

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
DJ88:

Yep, I agree that its probably Neptune City. I think the dispatcher sent the LEO to Ocean Auto Mart.

DJ88

Neptune City unit 35-28 just called dispatch on 155.595 DPL 632 to report that he is out of service, and it was definitely Neptune Twp. dispatch because I recognized the female dispatchers voice. As I said, when Neptune assumed dispatching for Neptune City they were dispatching the PD on the Neptune City frequency. It's odd that they would switch over to the Avon frequency. Hmmmm???

DJ88

From some radio traffic I heard this morning, it sounds like both Avon and Neptune City PDs are being dispatched by Monmouth County on the aforementioned frequency, and possibly Neptune City is dispatched by both Neptune Twp. and County.

Last edited:

Tech792

It sounds like the "county south" PSAP is up and running in Neptune. I heard them testing last few days and now when Asbury Park FD is dispatched, its a weaker signal now up here. Its not on the simulcast like it use to be.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I believe the SACC is up and running, I believe they were combining frequencies down there and placing multiple departments one one frequency. AVON may of switched to county dispatch prior to the SACC opening, therefore operating on KEA317

Briefly - Western Area Communications Center is Freehold main facility.
Southern Area Communications Center is Neptune
Neptune facility = 911, non-emergency 7 digit phones, police, fire, ems for
Asbury Park, Avon-By-The-Sea, and Neptune City. Neptune Twsp. to follow shortly.
Present VHF FIRE AND EMS frequencies will not be going trunked-they will remain!
Trunked equipment for COUNTY agencies - Sheriff, Parks, Senior buses(SCAT), Health, etc will move to the trunked equipment once it is ready.
Neptune - 18 positions 10 fully operational - 4 dispatch consoles, 4 call taker positions, 1 back up and 1 supervisor telecommunicator responsibilities - 1 Asbury Park, 1 FD/EMS DISPATCHER, 1 AVON/NEPTUNE CITY, 1 BACK UP OPERATOR TO COVER BREAKS, ETC Quick update - sorry haven't updated in a while!
Any Monmouth County stuff, send direct to njfirebuff@aol.com easiest way to get me
or BLACKBERRY BBM pin/28D9BFA2 THANKS kEVIN

DJ88

Kevin
Is Neptune City FD/EMS still on 155.1000 PL 94.8? I know it's relatively quiet there but I haven't heard any dispatches in a while.

squad1321

It sounds like the "county south" PSAP is up and running in Neptune. I heard them testing last few days and now when Asbury Park FD is dispatched, its a weaker signal now up here. Its not on the simulcast like it use to be.

Pete...I noticed that very weak signal over the weekend for 83-1, too. I guess the SACC can't tie into the simulcast system???

DJ88

Just a FYI, with regards to both Neptune City & Avon being dispatched by county on the aforementioned frquency, Avon units are 86-XX and Neptune City units are 35-XX.

Tech792

Wade....a lot of testing yesterday. And it sounded like they put STA 83 on the simulcast. A lot stronger signal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.