155.745 not being used by Arlee Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnlion

Last night I was monitoring Lake County, and kept hearing police traffic on 155.745. According to the database this is Arlee Fire, but the traffic I heard was law enforcement searching for a suspect in Bonner.

I usually don't pay attention to this frequency because it doesn't come in well at my location in the Mission Valley. Apparently the new antenna I put up makes a difference! Still scratchy, but good enough to copy ~75% of traffic.

Listening to them again this morning, and I'm hearing mostly LEO traffic. I heard one medical call, but couldn't copy the location. The LEO traffic sounds like Missoula County Sheriff dispatch. I've heard several calls referring to roads in Missoula County. I don't receive their regular dispatch from my location, but the next time I'm in Missoula I'll listen on both channels and compare.

The license listed in the database for Arlee Fire, WSL803, expired in 2011. They have a new license listed in ULS, WQXT273, which is active. I couldn't find any licenses for 155.745 under Missoula County.

Edit: Further digging through ULS results shows that this frequency is also licensed to the State of Montana Public Safety Communications Board, under callsign KFZ901. The site location on that license is in Bozeman. I looked on their website and found some PDFs listing mutual aid frequencies, but 155.745 is not mentioned.

Last edited:

mtnlion

Ok, stupid mistake. Double checked the scanner programming and saw I had 154.745, which is apparently Missoula SO. Mystery solved. I can't seem to delete this post, so if a mod wants to take it down to clean up the forum, go right ahead.

Last edited:

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
First off Welcome to Radio Reference and the Montana Forums!
We all make mistakes and get excited when we think we have found something new and not in the database.
Glad you found the correct frequency and let us all know of the outcome! I had researched the frequency, but came up with the same information as you did.
Welcome and Happy scanning!
73, Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.