Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Been hearing trumbull & Easton FD on this channel very well arround the bridgeport area.

I looked it up an trumbull is lic on it 159.3075 Repeater out and 155.9625 input.

Its weird that they are using the input to cross patch the 33.56 traffic out but its nice to be able to listen to them on VHF. DPL 311

I see Trumbull also has a UHF pair lic for over 10 year but i have never got anything on it

jsjazz

trumbull fd

I live in Trumbull and never knew about this freq! Where did you see it listed. It's not in the RR database. Is it new?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I looked up the license info for Trumbull and its WQKV506, licensed for Trumbull Center Fire District. in addition to the above mentioned frequencies 155.3775 is also listed, maybe a fireground / tac channel?

jsjazz

Easton?

I know they are both 33.56 but why would Easton use the 155.9625 Trumbull freq? Are they sharing the repeater in preparation for some kind of future regional dispatch?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I know that for what seems like eons now, Trumbull has been rumored to be looking into dumping the low band fire freq for something better. Who knows, maybe they finally got around to it! We will have to keep tabs on this one. I believe the UHF pai frequencies mentioned in the OP are the vehicle repeaters for the portables. I could be wrong!

Manny

Last edited:

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
jsjazz, more than likely the VHF high band is cross patched with 33.56 so that is why you are hearing Easton. 33.56 in Trumbull does not have a PL, they utilized carrier squelch.

Manny I have been hearing that too. I have a couple friends that work at the RCC and also are members of TCFD. I put out a text to them, just waiting on a reply.

As for the UHF frequencies, I think they were vehicle repeaters / extenders plus tactical channels, but I can't remember what I was told a while back on their usage. I think you all have it right.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Izzy!
I never really understood the "no PL" thing in Trumbull FD especially since they share it with Easton. I don't understand why it has taken them so long to change either! I guess it's like everything else, politics and money!

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I know its been a few months since the last post in this thread but All of Trumbull's fire traffic has been coming loud and clear over 155.9625 DPL 311 as reported. I found out and confirmed from a friend from TCFD that this is their new operating channel linked to 33.56 (obviously). I do not believe LHFD or NFD have the VHF high band equipment, this is TCFD's operations only at this time. Trying to get more information.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
IZZY;
I am thinking that this channel will eventually be used by all stations and not just TCFD right? I hope this will lead to the total abandonmemt of the 33.56 frequency.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure Manny what the plan is. Trumbull's FDs run the RCC as far as I know. The town really does need to get away form the low band for primary usage. It would be nice for the departments to utilize one radio system. We'll see what happens and I'll see if I can get some more info from my cousin and friends down there.

Cskib32087

I'm not sure Manny what the plan is. Trumbull's FDs run the RCC as far as I know. The town really does need to get away form the low band for primary usage. It would be nice for the departments to utilize one radio system. We'll see what happens and I'll see if I can get some more info from my cousin and friends down there.

See if they know why they decided to operate illegally and TX on the input and RX on the ouput.
Do they know that if someone complains to the FCC they can loose the license all together?
With that they are TX off the Daniels farm firehouse and they are licensed off the fire house in the center of town at a much lower power and height, that could also make them loose the license

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ok, so don't ruin it for them. Keep your trapped closed until they can figure things out. Maybe without this little setup they have going on they would not be able to convince the right people that this is a good choice. Happened in my town when we went from low band to UHF repeaters. Suddenly we could communicate and the ball started rolling on upgrading the equipment.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
See if they know why they decided to operate illegally and TX on the input and RX on the ouput.
Do they know that if someone complains to the FCC they can loose the license all together?
With that they are TX off the Daniels farm firehouse and they are licensed off the fire house in the center of town at a much lower power and height, that could also make them loose the license

May be there is a modification to the license that may have been made and has not shown up in the database yet?

Maybe it was because they had to swap them because they were causing interference with another station in the area and got the okay to do so.

I don't think the vendor would have done this setup it without some sort of consultation with the feds / freq cords if there was a problem before bringing it online.

I wish I had the answers for you. It's not uncommon for other frequencies to be swapped for other uses because of interference problems. It happened in my town when we were building our VHF high band system. Couple of the frequencies had to be re-arranged for use and/or changed. The license was modified. Also there is no set standard what is the input or output frequency "split" on VHF High band. Only the amateur band has the set 600kHz and 1Mhz splits for repeaters that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.