156.0375 -poss Camp Williams Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
For a couple months now I have been monitoring what sounds like Military Range Control comms on 156.0375, tone 141.3. These guys/gals are good with their radio OpSec. I am "assuming" they are at the Camp Williams Ranges. ID's (so far) of "Alpha", Control", "Omega", and "Ops-?-3". Comment was made of "S-O-I of R-G-O" (all phonetics).
(anyone got a "Secret" ID on them? ;)

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
I've heard similar comms (lots of phonetics), but I have 156.035 written down. It comes in pretty strong in Lehi. I'll have to listen more.

ecps92

WQWB525 - UTAH, STATE OF
Eligibility
90.35a - THE APPLICANT IS THE UTAH NATIONAL GUARD AND WILL USE RADIOS TO COORDINATE THEIR ACTIVITIES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE STATE OF UTAH.​

For a couple months now I have been monitoring what sounds like Military Range Control comms on 156.0375, tone 141.3. These guys/gals are good with their radio OpSec. I am "assuming" they are at the Camp Williams Ranges. ID's (so far) of "Alpha", Control", "Omega", and "Ops-?-3". Comment was made of "S-O-I of R-G-O" (all phonetics).
(anyone got a "Secret" ID on them? ;)

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Just heard a bunch of dead-key-ups. Definitely 156.0375 (on the R8600 display).
Thanks Bill. I always think "National Guard" would be federal, and forget they are state run.

ecps92

Yup, and can be Federalized as needed.

See if they are using it Simplex or as the input to the listed Repeaters

Just heard a bunch of dead-key-ups. Definitely 156.0375 (on the R8600 display).
Thanks Bill. I always think "National Guard" would be federal, and forget they are state run.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
WQWB525 - UTAH, STATE OF
Eligibility
90.35a - THE APPLICANT IS THE UTAH NATIONAL GUARD AND WILL USE RADIOS TO COORDINATE THEIR ACTIVITIES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE STATE OF UTAH.​
Okay, now why didn't I find it? I did a search for the freq. Musta done somethin' wrong. Thanks for the info. It does confirm what I thought.

ecps92

All depends on which FCC Search engine and How you searched.

Which URL and what fields/data elements did you submit ?
Okay, now why didn't I find it? I did a search for the freq. Musta done somethin' wrong. Thanks for the info. It does confirm what I thought.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I don't remember what I searched. But I will be more careful in the future. Thanks for the help.

ecps92

There are many flavors of the FCC, search application which is why I asked for the URL
some work well, some work well and others well work, but depending on your input parameters
may or may not return an expected result.
I don't remember what I searched. But I will be more careful in the future. Thanks for the help.

DeeEx

For what it’s worth, on installations that are primary used by the guard...

When I was in the MA Army National Guard, Range Control was staffed by civilian employees of the Commonwealth. Frequencies (VHF low 38.xx and high 138 and 142.xxx) used were all allocated to the military.

In Vermont, staff is also state employees. They use a low band military frequency as primary (46.60), a licensed VHF-high commercial simplex frequency, and a licensed UHF commercial simplex frequency. I don’t know the reasoning behind it.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
For what it’s worth, on installations that are primary used by the guard...

When I was in the MA Army National Guard, Range Control was staffed by civilian employees of the Commonwealth. Frequencies (VHF low 38.xx and high 138 and 142.xxx) used were all allocated to the military.

In Vermont, staff is also state employees. They use a low band military frequency as primary (46.60), a licensed VHF-high commercial simplex frequency, and a licensed UHF commercial simplex frequency. I don’t know the reasoning behind it.
46.60 do they use a PL Tone with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.